Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Looks a lot like something General Idea would do. And that looks to be a showroom - could easily be in the Idiel showroom.

3. GBear

GBear Senior member

Thanks LA Guy!

4. malakas

malakas Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

my new favorite leather

5. malakas

malakas Senior member

ok, just wasahed and spun dryed the jacket... just took the jacket out of the dryer...had it in there for 120 minutes on the highest heat it shrunk a full inch in length and in the body, as it was too big before it is now molding to my body as im wearing it let me tell you, i am fuckin extremely happy with the results [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] the color is a warmer grey as you can see its basically mid grey with green shade...really nice color

6. hwai333

hwai333 Senior member

^ that looks a lot like one of the julius leathers

7. malakas

malakas Senior member

its an authentic fake julius moto

cost me
    $270 shipped

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

An authentic fake

9. mickey711

mickey711 Senior member

Was about to say the same thing. Looking good, otter!

10. wrongturnsteve

wrongturnsteve Well-Known Member

i just saw "i saw the devil" and the main character has 2 pretty badass jackets.. can anyone iD them? [​IMG] [​IMG] and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i stole the pics off another forum post in a google search

11. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

ok, just wasahed and spun dryed the jacket... just took the jacket out of the dryer...had it in there for 120 minutes on the highest heat

it shrunk a full inch in length and in the body, as it was too big before

it is now molding to my body as im wearing it

let me tell you, i am fuckin extremely happy with the results
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

the color is a warmer grey as you can see

its basically mid grey with green shade...really nice color

My gripe with this jacket is that the #10 (#8?) zippers on those pockets look a little unwieldy after having gotten used to seeing the tiny little Riri M4's on the real Julius pockets. To me the balance in the Julius is small paneling, the tight fit, and then the slightly dainty details. YKK actually makes a small pin pull that'd suffice in that place as a substitite aesthetically.
    Also, those YKK squared CE heads on that oblique angle pocket across the top of the hand warmer pocket is odd because it doesn't swivel down like other zipperheads, it just kinda languors there at a quarter of a dangle or something.

The collar detail is interesting and looks a little more unique than the actual Julius one, but again looks a little heavy.

It's pretty good and what you paid for it is a crime, but I do think if it was possible to have a second go at it, I'd refine the details on it a bit.

12. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

[​IMG]

I like this jacket, even though model has huge fish lips. I think it's by attachment, available at the black sense market. Any decent japan proxies?

13. malakas

malakas Senior member

My gripe with this jacket is that the #10 (#8?) zippers on those pockets look a little unwieldy after having gotten used to seeing the tiny little Riri M4's on the real Julius pockets. To me the balance in the Julius is small paneling, the tight fit, and then the slightly dainty details. YKK actually makes a small pin pull that'd suffice in that place as a substitite aesthetically.
    Also, those YKK squared CE heads on that oblique angle pocket across the top of the hand warmer pocket is odd because it doesn't swivel down like other zipperheads, it just kinda languors there at a quarter of a dangle or something.

The collar detail is interesting and looks a little more unique than the actual Julius one, but again looks a little heavy.

It's pretty good and what you paid for it is a crime, but I do think if it was possible to have a second go at it, I'd refine the details on it a bit.

totally agree, thats why i might replace them, but tbh, i dont like the ones on the original julius either

i agree about the collar detail too, iwas even considering going for the earlier motos which were a lot more simple and clean

i am sure that you could further improve on these designs but i know that goes against your vision of what you want toj to be

my favourite jacket is the black one which is an RO with a few modifications, I changed the ribbed cuffs to zuppered ones and changed the flaps on the back of the jacket

this is a very versatile jacket and can be worn many different ways, as opposed to the julius which is more stylized and needs to be paired with similar items, especially footwear...definately no sneakers

original ro
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RO are versatile too, and i often wear them to the gym in this freezing cold weather we are having down under

14. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

wrongturnsteve I heard they were custom made, but I could be wrong.

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member