Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

oops evidently the color is "shadow" not "dark shadow." It looks like a dark grey to me --which I would probably prefer over black, since I have that covered -- but it could have funky undertones when you look at it in person. I am going to have more pics and a better description sent over. I am not interested if it has brown undertones in it (which does not appear to be the case but I will know more soon).

this is what it looks when set against a true black shirt:

[​IMG]

The brown tones really depends on the season really. With RO you really won't be able to tell until you see it in person and even then it depends on the lighting as well.

2. Amelorn

Amelorn Senior member

This is a recent purchase, but as it's a jacket, I'll post it here. It's label is CPT by Cockpit (Diffusion line of Cockpit jackets is my best guess). It's a chocolate brown bomber with the gentlest distressing. The original price (at Saks Off 5th) was $599.99 as printed. THis I take with some salt, though it could be valid. The first orange sticker was for $380. The second was for $192.70. I got it for 50% off of the last ticketed, for a final price of $95.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/img0015ba.jpg/

The jacket looks a bit long here, but it fits trim on my 5'11" frame.

Here's a close-up of the leather:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/img0017jx.jpg/

What do you guys make It's not a premo jacket, but it's a huge step from the Croft & Barrow I've got.

3. shady_2001

shady_2001 Senior member

not a fan of the RO potbelly...for obvious reasons

4. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Why? Looks kind of fun. Probably not as fun as Comic-Con but not much else to do in LA this weekend anyways.
    Nah man. I went to a few growing up. You don't want to go to one. I went to comiccon recently and its a completely different experience. For one thing people actually seem to bathe that go to comiccon. The first thing you notice besides the sad people in sad dingy costumes at anime conventions is the perpetual funk of human bo that permeates every hallway and every room. It's unescapable at least at the ones I've been to. Then the creepy unhygienic dudes carrying signs that say they'll glomp or do other creepy things for hugs or something. Not to mention anime conventions have a way higher density of furries. Comiccon has movie/tv panels which are cool. Got to see an episode of always sunny a year before it came out was worth it for that alone. Way more hot chicks too, but those for the most part were clearly dragged there by their boyfriends.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

goth-ninjas watch anime - knew this already but it belongs here

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah man. I went to a few growing up. You don't want to go to one. I went to comiccon recently and its a completely different experience. For one thing people actually seem to bathe that go to comiccon. The first thing you notice besides the sad people in sad dingy costumes at anime conventions is the perpetual funk of human bo that permeates every hallway and every room. It's unescapable at least at the ones I've been to. Then the creepy unhygienic dudes carrying signs that say they'll glomp or do other creepy things for hugs or something. Not to mention anime conventions have a way higher density of furries.

Comiccon has movie/tv panels which are cool. Got to see an episode of always sunny a year before it came out was worth it for that alone. Way more hot chicks too, but those for the most part were clearly dragged there by their boyfriends.

I guess it's best to avoid it then since it's hitting high 90 degrees in Cali this weekend.

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

This Julius is my favorite one they've put out in awhile, simple with longer arms and nice seamwork. Tried on the grey leather, felt good [​IMG] I've never been to one in the states, but shit like Tokyo Game Show is fun as hell just to take pictures with disappointing asian girls in ugly costumes [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Grug

Grug Senior member

thanks for input on leather.

The color is "dark shadow." Is that Rick's word for black or is it a different color?

part of me likes this, but the other part thinks it looks more like a top than a jacket.

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

pic from antolioni?

RO shearling with padded duck feather sleeves.
    [​IMG]

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

pic from antolioni?

Yup.

11. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

@synth check out library on farfetch 4 incarnation jackets

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

goth-ninjas watch anime - knew this already but it belongs here
    since when was RFX a "goth ninja" his style is quite unique to himself.

13. DLester

DLester Senior member

for some reason this pic cracks me up haha, I have come back to look at it a few times. "disappointing Asian girls"; they trying so hard ~~~
    I've never been to one in the states, but shit like Tokyo Game Show is fun as hell just to take pictures with disappointing asian girls in ugly costumes

[​IMG]

14. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

Just a quick question to whom I'd assume are the best people to answer it; does a softer (lamb) leather jacket stretch overtime? I have a leather jacket and it'd be perfect if it just stretched a bit. It's new and I'm wondering if I should keep it.
    Thanks

15. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

yes it does and pretty quickly.