Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Lane

Lane Senior member

I like how ive always been given shit because of my connection to a labels vision on this forum, and people here refuse to buy an item because of a freaking tag with a cross, and a few lame sentences.

boo fuckity hoo

2. homegrown terror

homegrown terror Member

I like how ive always been given shit because of my connection to a labels vision on this forum, and people here refuse to buy an item because of a freaking tag with a cross, and a few lame sentences.

boo fuckity hoo

some of us have a lot of animosity towards christianity (myself included, stems from a horribly catholic upbringing) and we don't want to give our dollar (hard-earned or otherwise) to an entity that supports an inherently evil phenomenon when said phenomenon already receives way more money than they deserve.

3. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

some of us have a lot of animosity towards christianity (myself included, stems from a horribly catholic upbringing) and we don't want to give our dollar (hard-earned or otherwise) to an entity that supports an inherently evil phenomenon when said phenomenon already receives way more money than they deserve.

hah what

I'm an atheist too, I got no dog in this race, but don't be a fuckin idiot you know?

Also, and I've brought this up before, 'that' will almost always flow better than 'said' in sentences like your last one up there.

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

im apathetic about religion/etc because I trust myself since humans have a natural ability to be moral. However, I never understood peoples utter blind hate for religion when it can be a good spiritual thing on a individual level.

what you're saying is just crap, yah the catholic church as an institution I would agree is quite bad for humanity, but you're kind of mixing the evil of the institution with the religion.

5. homegrown terror

homegrown terror Member

hah what

I'm an atheist too, I got no dog in this race, but don't be a fuckin idiot you know?

Also, and I've brought this up before, 'that' will almost always flow better than 'said' in sentences like your last one up there.

how else would you characterise an organisation that tells uneducated people not to use condoms, because they won't actually help stop the spread of HIV? or lies and covers for (and occasionally outright pardons) its community leaders when they take advantage of children? or encourages (either explicitly or implicitly) the condemnation and mistreatment of large segments of the population? even among the more "progressive" branches of christianity, you'll find rampant hipocrisy, priests and pastors decrying the evils of birth control, homosexuality and premarital sex, after which they retire to their chambers with the choir director's wife while he hobnobs in the church basement over stale donuts and sour coffee. i'm not saying there is any more or less evil in christianity than in any other of the world's major religions, but the christcult has so much wealth, influence and popular support in today's world that i think they can and must be declared a danger, not only to society as a whole, but in a smaller and more individual way to each and every one of us.

6. homegrown terror

homegrown terror Member

and just for the record, i'm not excluding my religion from the banner of those plagued by evil. as an asatruar, i'm very well aware of how a well-meaning religion can be warped and perverted to suit the views of a reprehensible minority.

7. DLester

DLester Senior member

yo take the religion gibber-jabber to PM or DT.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Used Julius distressed goat on ebay for $1100 BIN.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

everyone is doing blistered leather for fall. lost & found, rick, julius, boris, isaac sellam. love that shit

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Anywhere to see the RO leather offerings for SS11? The only RO jacket I have my eye on is the shearling jacket I posted here a months or so ago.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Not that I'm dropping a few g's on a leather any time soon but Zam's logo with a christian cross is a genuine deal breaker for me.

Ignorant statement. It's no better than saying shit like "Man, I would never buy anything from a practicing Jew." Let the product stand on its own.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

how else would you characterise an organisation that tells uneducated people not to use condoms, because they won't actually help stop the spread of HIV? or lies and covers for (and occasionally outright pardons) its community leaders when they take advantage of children? or encourages (either explicitly or implicitly) the condemnation and mistreatment of large segments of the population? even among the more "progressive" branches of christianity, you'll find rampant hipocrisy, priests and pastors decrying the evils of birth control, homosexuality and premarital sex, after which they retire to their chambers with the choir director's wife while he hobnobs in the church basement over stale donuts and sour coffee. i'm not saying there is any more or less evil in christianity than in any other of the world's major religions, but the christcult has so much wealth, influence and popular support in today's world that i think they can and must be declared a danger, not only to society as a whole, but in a smaller and more individual way to each and every one of us.

wtf are you talking about? First of all, familiarize yourself with the diversity of Christian sects. Second, try to understand people's beliefs before decrying them. Third, you are all over the place here, and this stuff should be kept in CE anyway. Once you do your 45 day stint, I think that you'll get to post there.

You can change a word here, and a phrase there, and this could be a rant about the Jews and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

14. tekksquall

tekksquall Member

I love your beautiful blue eyes but not as much as my jacket

[​IMG]

I'm not a leather jacket expert by any means, but this jacket looks amazing to me. That blue is just... [​IMG]

15. homegrown terror

homegrown terror Member

ITT christians getting butthurt because for once they're the ones being hated upon.