• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie I wasn't convinced by the fit of your other custom 5* jacket but this one really goes hard. I sincerely hope they nailed it for good because if I get anything from Mr. Proper's example is that with proper direction they can make great custom things.

Thank you! I really appreciate it. I clearly have an odd body shape, and I'm a size that no one really makes any sizes for. Custom is the best way for me to get what I need.

I think I still have a ways to go in the arm opening and sleeve width/length. It's totally wearable rn, but I'm gonna try to stop by Advanced Euro Tailoring in a few weeks to get the sleeves fixed. Maybe they can also advise me on how to fix the arm opening too.

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I really appreciate it. I clearly have an odd body shape, and I'm a size that no one really makes any sizes for. Custom is the best way for me to get what I need.

I think I still have a ways to go in the arm opening and sleeve width/length. It's totally wearable rn, but I'm gonna try to stop by Advanced Euro Tailoring in a few weeks to get the sleeves fixed. Maybe they can also advise me on how to fix the arm opening too.

Beware of tapering the sleeve + shortening it, as you run the risk of cropping too short.

LEZ90

Reaction score
I've got a few as I ride bikes, but my clear favourite is my Belstaff Cougar (Malenotti era).

c620f6a3-1b30-49d4-bcc2-32f01e9a1132.jpg

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need 5 zip inspo, mine has been hanging in my closet for a while now. I wore it so much three years ago, got bored of it, and haven’t touched it since.

The only inspo you should need imo

EVLw9r-XQAMN5sb.jpg

MV5BMDFlMzMwZWUtMjZjOS00Y2NiLWJmMjUtZDc1ZDJlODE5NzMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

TI4U_u1136919248.jpg

yrxn9tqtjd111 (1).jpg

XWT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Vanson C2 is on sale at slightly over $600 HERE

Like most Vanson jackets it's better than it looks on product shots.

I like how this Fedora Lounge / Cartoon Network guy wears it.
1648032076222.png

AVS also has one at the moment and it kinda *****.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
I have this beautiful new
B7E6F530-684E-4BAB-8DC5-23C217F19D96.jpeg
7E14BFEF-3605-467F-832A-585ECA23E57E.jpeg
russet brown HH Platon JA Dubow A2 jacket. Unfortunately it’s too small on me so it’s for sale.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, for anyone with a Schott Perfecto who wants a detachable mouton collar, I found out that Schott's factory can make one for you. You just need to send your jacket in (so that they can fit it directly) via the repair department. It's not at all outrageously priced; costs as much as having a leather repair shop do it, rather than the retail markup I would have expected. Brown and black mouton are the options. I went with black, since my Aero has a brown one.

By all accounts the faux fur detachable collar they sell as a stock item is great, but I like the feel of mouton so I sent my jacket in this week.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for advice on a moto jacket. I have narrowed it down between these 2 Allsaints options. Ignore the outfits but which of these would you choose based on fit and look?

1. Tyson - softer leather and a matte appearance; minimalist look. Less of a slim fit but still slim.

Is it too big? It feels like a good fit and I think the angle of the photos makes the length look actually longer than reality.

2. Wick - more bells and whistles and a shiny appearance; slim fit. Not sure how I feel about the belt and more sheen.

I feel with the Tyson non belted lesther I can just toss it on over a tee. Whereas with the belted jacket it might not look as good with just a tee.

Attachments

• 20220327_011319.jpg
    20220327_011319.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20220320_164659.jpg
    20220320_164659.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220326_191409.jpg
    20220326_191409.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20220326_191415.jpg
    20220326_191415.jpg