Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. sw709

sw709 New Member

Just bought one of these Himel Brothers jackets. Pricey, but the best vintage inspired jacket I've ever owned.
    [​IMG]

2. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

People always say Julius is unwearable, but I dont find it true any more than ro is really. Most models really aren't as crazy as people think, at least nobody's said anything like that about mine irl. They can go by pretty understated IMO. [​IMG]
    do you have a better pic (with jkt closed) ? it looks good on you. I find Julius wearers always seem not comfortable in their jackets because they are too tight, unlike you.

3. Lel

Lel Senior member

Backlash and Incarnation are two of the best leather labels in the world. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts. I wish people were more on that bandwagon. RO leathers suck the biggest ass compared to them, on materials and manufacture alone.

FYI do not search for Backlash leather...

4. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

what do you mean ?

5. Lane

Lane Senior member

do you have a better pic (with jkt closed) ? it looks good on you. I find Julius wearers always seem not comfortable in their jackets because they are too tight, unlike you.
    dunno if the shoulders look goodl. I just prefer RO leathers because he has a design for each of them, and doesn't resort to putting 100 seams on his leathers to make them unique.

6. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Haha, that's a good point, but I really only like the intarsia (And the mollino somewhat) and its primarily because of the seams [​IMG]

7. Lane

Lane Senior member

fuck, I love my mollino.

fucking summer not letting me enjoy it

8. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Need to move to San Francisco. Sup summer days that top out at 65 degrees while sunny with nights that drop down to low 50s. Can rock any sort of leather in the evening no problem, well maybe not shearling, but shearling isn't really my deal anyways. Thick ass ccp horse scarstitch and t-shirt? Done! Days are a little warmer but still can do my thinner leathers.

9. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

^^ ++++1. yup!! you can buy my stooges and rock hard in the City!

[​IMG] *sorry* couldn't help it!

10. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Need to move to San Francisco. Sup summer days that top out at 65 degrees while sunny with nights that drop down to low 50s. Can rock any sort of leather in the evening no problem, well maybe not shearling, but shearling isn't really my deal anyways. Thick ass ccp horse scarstitch and t-shirt? Done! Days are a little warmer but still can do my thinner leathers.

Yessssss, agreed. Except it has been pretty warm recently. But at night, no problem.

11. Lo-ki

Lo-ki New Member

A Carpe Diem leather Jacket I just purchased...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Intarsia is a model of jacket by Rick Owens, not a brand [​IMG]

And just because you don't have an eye for detail does not mean those details aren't there.

Re: RO quality vs Incarnation et al, well nobody is buying RO leather for the artisan manufacturing here. If you have the right styling you can basically charge what you want regardless of quality.

True re. RO. However, if you are retailing a leather jacket at $2K+, you'd expect that it doesn't actually feel cheap and flimsy. At that price, there is no reason that they can't use better materials and manufacture.

13. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

How are people storing their jackets during the warmer months? I usually have it hanging from one of those really wide hangers but I won't be wearing them for a few months and don't want the hanger to leave marks. Should I fold them up?

14. 5tan

5tan Senior member

THIS! lol.

I was like What the hell???

15. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Has anyone handled the 2010ss all-black margiela 5-zip, made of calf? How was the quality??

[​IMG]