• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

cutemelon

Reaction score
Probably by an inch or two but that wasn't the justification, especially since they'd go down far further than that. The APC fans would always insist "they'll stretch".

I actually saw someone post on Reddit recently who seemed to fall out of that cursed era of denim culture. He was showing off his APCs that he had downsized 4 inches, to the point that you can see it squeezing and contorting his body. I don't understand the appeal, but I guess that late-2000s APC subculture still lives in some places.

You'll be completely unsurprised to learn this guy believes in the 2000s myth that washing ruins jeans.
Good times. . .

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Probably by an inch or two but that wasn't the justification, especially since they'd go down far further than that. The APC fans would always insist "they'll stretch".

I actually saw someone post on Reddit recently who seemed to fall out of that cursed era of denim culture. He was showing off his APCs that he had downsized 4 inches, to the point that you can see it squeezing and contorting his body. I don't understand the appeal, but I guess that late-2000s APC subculture still lives in some places.

You'll be completely unsurprised to learn this guy believes in the 2000s myth that washing ruins jeans.
There was a time where I wore a pair of size 28 jeans. I have never known such pain.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

he is not going to have kid I take…

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jeez that looks terrible.

I don’t wash jeans much unless they are real bad and even then I’d opt for a cold soak or delicate wash.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
were they vanity size to sttart?
They are. I have a pair of APC Rescue jeans (their discontinued straight leg jeans). I wear a 33 in just about every properly measured pants - Epaulet, Hertling, etc. In APC I am 31. They are 33.5" across the waist.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but 2 inches of vanity sizing minus 6-10 inches of downsizing does not equal tagged waist.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sound about same as RRL (at least in low straight), i’m 30 always wear 28, though I think slim are different

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, but 2 inches of vanity sizing minus 6-10 inches of downsizing does not equal tagged waist.
i don’t know how you downsize 10, they’re raw too? Like denim is pretty hard how do you even physically do that?

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score

I really don't get the point of sizing down that much. At that point just get a pair of slim or skinny jeans that are made with that fit in mind. Not only will they be more comfortable in the waist but they'll also give you some breathing room in the crotch area.

Also, not trying to body shame, but what's happening with his stomach? Hope he's more comfortable and in less pain than it looks.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members