• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about showered leathers? ?
living in Portland, any leather becomes a showered leather if I wear it outside in winter.

I think natural leather looks like a giant thumb at first but I’ve seen some that look good with a lot of wear. But how many folks wear their jackets enough for it to look good?

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
living in Portland, any leather becomes a showered leather if I wear it outside in winter.

I think natural leather looks like a giant thumb at first but I’ve seen some that look good with a lot of wear. But how many folks wear their jackets enough for it to look good?

I feel that, although I try to cull pretty often so I only have 2 leather jackets, and I talk myself out of purchasing anymore because to be honest, there are so many cool ass jackets that aren't leather that I want to buy.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel that, although I try to cull pretty often so I only have 2 leather jackets, and I talk myself out of purchasing anymore because to be honest, there are so many cool ass jackets that aren't leather that I want to buy.
I’ve always only had like 2 leather jackets tops. But I get bored quickly so I’m always changing what 2 those are. Currently though I’m at a spot on life where I feel the desire to keep ****. This time next year I might have 5. I might have 1. Who knows? There are indeed a lot of really cool jackets that aren’t leather and not a lot of closet space.
“Can’t wait to see how this natural leather ages,” says man who buys leather jackets every week
Leather jackets are just Magic: The Gathering Cards for even bigger nerds

Vickt

Reaction score
B60A7699-F4F8-4962-8DEC-A82CF944C5D2.jpeg

Still loving my FCL Edward. I like how Hoodog’s turned out, but I’m determined to break this in on my own. I think I’m set with this, the Virginia Beach, and my five zip. Only other leather in my closet now is the 3sixteen x Schott roughout that I like looking at but never wear anymore. It might be possible for a serial jacket buyer to reform. We’ll see…

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve always only had like 2 leather jackets tops. But I get bored quickly so I’m always changing what 2 those are. Currently though I’m at a spot on life where I feel the desire to keep ****. This time next year I might have 5. I might have 1. Who knows? There are indeed a lot of really cool jackets that aren’t leather and not a lot of closet space.

Leather jackets are just Magic: The Gathering Cards for even bigger nerds

I feel that my FCL I've owned for 2 years and my mister freedom for 3 years and I don't think I would sell them at all at this point. Plus I don't feel like anyone would want them with the patina that I put on it, plus I've thought of throwing some of my patches on my FCL too. I have other more expensive hobbies to keep up on so I don't have time to dwell too hard. Either a 4000 dollar bike or 2400 dollar leather jacket. I almost always will choose the bike haha.

I still think about taking my FCL to get cropped though. I think leather jackets should be cropped haha, that's where my money is gonna end up; tailoring.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel that my FCL I've owned for 2 years and my mister freedom for 3 years and I don't think I would sell them at all at this point. Plus I don't feel like anyone would want them with the patina that I put on it, plus I've thought of throwing some of my patches on my FCL too. I have other more expensive hobbies to keep up on so I don't have time to dwell too hard. Either a 4000 dollar bike or 2400 dollar leather jacket. I almost always will choose the bike haha.

I still think about taking my FCL to get cropped though. I think leather jackets should be cropped haha, that's where my money is gonna end up; tailoring.
cycling can be a much much more expensive hobby than jawnz.
To be into both? Godspeed my friend.

do you wear your leathers on the bike though? ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads