• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the body length, are you thinking it is too short or long? where would you like the jacket to fall?

how about the sleeve length?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that intarsia fake or BS? I know you said it's an "intarsia w/ a few modifications" but I figure that meant taking off the the ribbed cuff but the overall shape and stitching looks off.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh ok, was just curious because some does look off. I think for the RO aesthetic, the jacket is too long and it being cut straight in the bottom looks somewhat weird with the jackets style. ROs jacket are usually cut longer in the front and short in the back so it creates a different silhouette. If you're not going for that RO aesthetic, I think it looks fine. Maybe get it darted in the back so that it pulls in the mid-section a bit more?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never tried on or handled Julius so I can't comment on the fit but from the pics, they do look more straight cut, they are just fit really small overall from what I understand.

To be honest, I think a milk colored leather is as versatile as a whiskey colored one. My dust colored bomber is actually more off white color/very light grey color and it has gotten a lot more wear than I expected. It's pretty close to ROs milk color for some reason, ROs colors are just as unpredictable as his sizing.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am actually done buying leathers right now, got too much already but I do plan to try it on when I get the chance to visit HLorenzo.

Here's a pic of the dust (or dna dust) color RO bomber.
XRT42.jpg

It may not look like "milk" colorway in that pic but keep in mind this is ROs milk color for this season. And both are blistered lamb.
mL2fA.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is a pretty close color to mine actually, shades just varies by the amount of light.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Emixam
well size are like this : XS-S-M-L-XL.

I usually wear L for everything (I am in between size 48-50 for blazers) and I bought size XL. Could have gone with XXL if it even existed.

I am a size 50/40US for blazers and I've tried on mostly L sizes at the Archive and they seemed fitted but okay - depends on how much the leather will stretch to fit over time I suppose.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Intarsia pic is closer in color, I'm just horrible in taking pics.
Here's a clearer pic, same shoes so bare with me.
lol8[1].gif

qB31E.jpg

I have more simple styled sneakers from Lanvin and my Raf Vandals are pretty normal looking. I have some MMM GATs too, which is pretty simple. I also have boring chucks/jack purcells that I could wear with it but overall I am happy with my sneakers. I came from wearing Nikes and Jordans so these are actually more toned down than I am used to.
lol8[1].gif

I got some boots and shoes for different occasions where it is less appropriate to wear sneakers so really no big deal. I appreciate the criticism though, as harsh as they may seem, I always try to keep all of them in mind.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like rfx justs throws together random expensive items... not too much cohesion goes on in his fits. Maybe because he owns so many clothes they don't look worn in, not alot of personal style IMO. No I'm not hating on his wealth haha.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With RO, I think it really depends, I've seen numerous pics of it worn open and still look good. Like NN, he pulls off the mid-collar well unzipped. Fuuma also has a hi-collar pic that looked great unzipped. I agree with the stooges though, I don't think I've seen many fit pics of it looking that good zipped up.
Originally Posted by Big Pun
I feel like rfx justs throws together random expensive items... not too much cohesion goes on in his fits. Maybe because he owns so many clothes they don't look worn in, not alot of personal style IMO. No I'm not hating on his wealth haha.
Eh, I get that a lot. First there were no brand synergy, then no price synergy, then when I put on something that are synergized (I don't think that's a word at all, oh well) then it is too monochromatic or too Raf.
lol8[1].gif
It really will never end so it really doesn't bother me at all.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_1995.jpg

zipfit

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess theres an exception if it is oiled calf, leather is just too nice. Probably would look better with the collar down. I guess 3/4ths isn't so bad either.
xjgrw.jpg

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
getting the final ro leather tmmrw, in fact, probably selling several. have to decide on either the showtek in xxl or the hooded shearling in xl.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^is good, probably the most generous ro xl in the shoulders and chest

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For kicking back, I'm just happy with leather, tee, jeans and sneakers.

Kunk, I thought you were done buying? You getting them from the RO store? I'd honestly go for the showtek. This one right?
6KrzY.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads