Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

The stock patterns for ZB could probably pass for slim by western standards, but if you're used to the asian sizes that dominate most high-end leather it'll definitely be roomy. He can do MTM sizing within reason though if you contact him directly (SZ is best for this - he posts a lot there).

I have one of his jackets from this season. I wouldn't put it up there with something like Julius, but it's solid workmanship and there isn't any real price markup based on "vision" a la something like Obscur or Rick. Also he's a pretty chill dude. If you like some of his stuff I say go for it.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It's Burberry London but this shearling sheepskin looks pretty dope.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Desi

Desi Senior member

Yeah I am happy they seem to want to continue the shearling/Aviator thing. It works as spread through diffusion lines. Remind me of a few times when McQ felt like it was repeating popular tamer Alexander McQueen options.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

If ToJ makes a shearling like that it'll be insta-kopped!

5. cowsareforeating

cowsareforeating Senior member

The stock patterns for ZB could probably pass for slim by western standards, but if you're used to the asian sizes that dominate most high-end leather it'll definitely be roomy. He can do MTM sizing within reason though if you contact him directly (SZ is best for this - he posts a lot there).

I have one of his jackets from this season. I wouldn't put it up there with something like Julius, but it's solid workmanship and there isn't any real price markup based on "vision" a la something like Obscur or Rick. Also he's a pretty chill dude. If you like some of his stuff I say go for it.

Depends. His tailoring and construction work are really top notch -- the only difference between him and some other brands, is he uses premium materials, but not necessarily as many experimental fabrics/materials which helps keep the retail prices down (ref: LUC, avantindietro etc)
    He does actually have a pretty strong aesthetic/vision going, just perhaps not as otherworldy as julius or rick.
    However he isn't japanese slim, but his pants do have a pretty strong taper (looser top block, slim down lower legs)

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

7. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

A lot of 'shearlings' on the market aren't even real shearling - they're poly fleece lining on regular lambskin. Given the quality of Burberry, I'd say that's probably a case of that. You can do a lot more stuff with the concept and make them look cooler that way - but there's something next level about wearing shearling on your body, it's so fucking warm and it's like an UGGs for your chest. Pure corn.

8. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

Can someone give me more info on zamb?

9. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

^^ what do you want to know about Zamb? He's on SZ alot so you can probably get info you need there.

10. colabear

colabear Senior member

11. Razele

Razele Senior member

ToJ Shearling in the works?

12. umhaha84

umhaha84 Senior member

Searched around sz but pricing are available only through pm. Anyone know how much he charges for leather jacket?

13. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

^^ Check your pm.

14. chillah

chillah New Member

for me, THIS is the perfect leather jacket! although you can't see the whole jacket... I love the colour, shoulder details and the collar! I've been looking for this jacket (and similar ones) for a long time now without any success - has anybody got an idea?? I think it could be Diesel or Goosecraft...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

my favourit biker jacket so far :

[​IMG]

Incarnation Guidi baby calf FW11

Incarnation jackets are amazing. I think that it is a class above Backlash, with better treatments and amazing colors. Prices are up there, but they are far superior to Rick Owens ( which are about 95% embarrassing.) And unlike some of the "ninja" leathers, they are tough as nails (at least those I've seen) and can be worn in any number of ways.