Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Does leather paneling count?

[​IMG]

2. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

I have the FW07 leather that I think is considered the Cadet, and I love it. Geller's leathers are always thin; I've put mine through hell and it hasn't torn so the thin leather doesn't bother me. It works well as an all year leather (I still wear mine in summer nights). I have a 46 but the whole thing measures out like a 44 so just check the measurements.
    no cadet is FW08 - this one : [​IMG]

3. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

[​IMG]

Whose collection is that from?

4. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

pics make it look extremely ugly even though it looks really nice. here these will do it justice [​IMG] [​IMG] leather is lamb skin I believe
    that one is the ram leather. the ss09 one, which is the one i have, is lamb. this one has a better zipper configuration though, imo

5. Makeshift_Robot

Whose collection is that from?
    gareth pugh fw 2011 If you're very thin it might fit you, a lot of pugh's women's stuff is androgynous in cut (according to the folks over at sz).

6. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Gareth Pugh is awesome but I wonder if we will find him one-note a la KVA in a few years

7. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

I have the grey moto from ss11 and the rider from aw10 of gellers and their quality is amazing. Ill post fit picks soon.

8. Elysium

Elysium Senior member

pics make it look extremely ugly even though it looks really nice. here these will do it justice [​IMG] [​IMG] leather is lamb skin I believe
    LOL yeah my pics were pretty crap, those are much better. Label says the leather is ram

9. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Damn- the jut neck is my favorite Julius leather

10. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

gareth pugh fw 2011 If you're very thin it might fit you, a lot of pugh's women's stuff is androgynous in cut (according to the folks over at sz).
    The Pugh AW11-12 collection is up on LVR. Here is a similar one for men: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...vendorColor=OQ==&season=actual&seasProdID=54I
    Damn- the jut neck is my favorite Julius leather
    +1. Love my AW10 5 zip...

11. Makeshift_Robot

Gareth Pugh is awesome but I wonder if we will find him one-note a la KVA in a few years

I don't know, the nature of progression in fashion is kind of inscrutable (again, look at sz for debates on whether creators are stagnant or not), and I'm sure if you were really into KVA you could find plenty of diversity and progress. Judging from this collection, Pugh seems capable of evolution and diversity (colors! holy shit!), and his design virtuosity and affinity for interesting construction (see his student work with inflatable garments, and his basically unwearable early runway stuff) give him a lot of room to maneuver.

Aren't SCHORL and Tornado Mart one-note labels? Sustained focus on a given look or approach isn't always a bad thing.

12. Makeshift_Robot

The Pugh AW11-12 collection is up on LVR.

Very very sexy, unfortunately very very expensive as well. That bolero leather is fucking supreme.

13. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1IeypypFwXk/TXJKSJWCMyI/AAAAAAAALAw/w5hey4tKp1U/s1600/01.jpg[IMG][/I]

This is the kind of thing you could write a scifi movie around in 30 seconds. Hell yes.

14. Lane

Lane Senior member

LOL yeah my pics were pretty crap, those are much better. Label says the leather is ram

that one is the ram leather. the ss09 one, which is the one i have, is lamb. this one has a better zipper configuration though, imo

ok, so its ram but its the same picture as elysiums leather at least.

15. stukearney

stukearney Member