Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Elysium

Elysium Senior member

Need some Julius help guys -

Very interested in buying a size 1 08 Jut neck online, however I've never tried on a size 1 Julius jacket before. I tried on a size 2 in-store here (2011 model) just now (they don't stock size 1), and I found the arms and shoulders to be quite snug but the sides quite roomy. Was also a bit long length-wise. I'm pretty confident I'll fit a size 1, but just wanted to ask those who have handled both, how much smaller does size 1 run compared to the 2? Do they stretch out at all too? I'm basically a 44 in most jackets. Thanks

2. Lane

Lane Senior member

it isnt that much smaller, but they might be too tight at times. Depends on the collection. Yah, they stretch but it would be easier to answer this question if you had measurements of yourself and the jacket.

3. Elysium

Elysium Senior member

it isnt that much smaller, but they might be too tight at times. Depends on the collection. Yah, they stretch but it would be easier to answer this question if you had measurements of yourself and the jacket.
    My p2p measurement is about 43/44cm, and shoulders 42.5cm The important measurement I've been quoted for the jacket is p2p 47cm, and of course it has raglan shoulders

4. Lane

Lane Senior member

the size 1 is 47 cm, really? usually its 45-46m

def buy size 1 i'd say

5. Elysium

Elysium Senior member

Yeah I was given the measurement as 47cm, though it has been worn maybe 10 times by the previous owner so maybe it stretched a little?

Thanks for your help though, I will most likely pull the trigger on it!

6. Elysium

Elysium Senior member

Couple of quick pics of my new Julius Jut neck (sorry for poor picture quality, was in a rush). A lot more black in real life than these pictures show

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

7. nowiremember

nowiremember Senior member

any thoughts or opinions on the Geller Cadet Leather? close to picking one up and curious if anyone has experience with one?

8. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

Regarding the RG cdet lether, I bought it 2 years ago and I hated it, as simple as that !

Leather is so thin and soft, it seemed too weak (Impolyt_One already stated about the quality of the Korean leather used by RG). To me a leather jacket must feel thick and robust. Also the body length was much too long while the shoulders were too tight. After all, I don't like ribbed cuff and body jackets, but that's just personal.

Also, 2 years ago you could see this jacket everywhere on the 2nd hand market....I had quite a hard time reselling it !

9. nowiremember

thanks for the input. I will for sure take it into consideration.

10. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

Couple of quick pics of my new Julius Jut neck (sorry for poor picture quality, was in a rush). A lot more black in real life than these pictures show

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can anyone recommend me a good leather conditioner that I can get online? [​IMG]

so glad i got the ss09 lamb leather one instead

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

^ ^ ^
    What leather is the jut neck in the pic? Doesn't look like calf from the pic.

12. Lane

Lane Senior member

pics make it look extremely ugly even though it looks really nice. here these will do it justice [​IMG] [​IMG] leather is lamb skin I believe

13. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

any thoughts or opinions on the Geller Cadet Leather? close to picking one up and curious if anyone has experience with one?
    Leather is so thin and soft, it seemed too weak (Impolyt_One already stated about the quality of the Korean leather used by RG). To me a leather jacket must feel thick and robust. Also the body length was much too long while the shoulders were too tight. After all, I don't like ribbed cuff and body jackets, but that's just personal.
    I have the FW07 leather that I think is considered the Cadet, and I love it. Geller's leathers are always thin; I've put mine through hell and it hasn't torn so the thin leather doesn't bother me. It works well as an all year leather (I still wear mine in summer nights). I have a 46 but the whole thing measures out like a 44 so just check the measurements.

14. nowiremember

any chance you have a fit pic?

15. snake

snake Senior member

^ ^ ^
    What leather is the jut neck in the pic? Doesn't look like calf from the pic.

I believe there was a ram leather version as well.