• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you size up to your proper size?
Supposedly. But now I'm reading that with this particular model some need to size up 2 because it wears like a slim in the size down. i.e. 40 fits like a slim 38. I bought a 40.

JibranK

Reaction score
Supposedly. But now I'm reading that with this particular model some need to size up 2 because it wears like a slim in the size down. i.e. 40 fits like a slim 38. I bought a 40.
Yeah, the thickness of fur means you can’t wear the same pit-to-pit measure you would on plain leather.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I also have that in suede, rather than nappa. It has a glam rock feel to it.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it established that you've been measuring yourself wrong this entire time? Shouldn't you be a few inches larger? Not to mention, all the jackets you post look too small, so there's that. Buy a 45 if it runs small.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm a size 38 chest and took a 40 in that.

I imagine that's going to be hard to wear in Texas. The coat wears a bit warm and IMO it looks best layered over a knit. I wear mine when temps are below 60 degrees. The weather has to be brisk.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I'm a size 38 chest and took a 40 in that.

I imagine that's going to be hard to wear in Texas. The coat wears a bit warm and IMO it looks best layered over a knit. I wear mine when temps are below 60 degrees. The weather has to be brisk.
He only wears his jackets around the house. Problem solved.

XWT

Reaction score
My newest leather Jacket! An olive horsehide car coat from Y’2 Leather. Killer jacket to break in. I’ve worn it a few times since getting it the other month and the thing is still stiff as cardboard.
That « eco » shrunken horsehide (I have no idea why it’s called that) is a great looking leather.

Good luck unbuttoning it 😆

One of my favorite stores had it made into a leather western shirt. It’s been shaved down from the flesh side to make it more pliable though.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.