• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The button doesn't need replacing. The snap is standard antique bronze. You can buy 50 sets for $10 on Amazon. You only need 1/2 of 1 set

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hat and glasses are what push it into "high fashion."
Those details are definitely what make you double take because otherwise it’s just a fairly normal streetwear fit. I’m just saying it works best as a boring streetwear fit OR the hat and glasses need to be better

slows2k

Reaction score
Anyone have an Iron Heart jacket in with Zoltan at Advanced European Tailors right now? I stopped in today to have some sleeves taken up on a jacket and had my IH on. He asked if it was IH and said he had another that someone needed significant sleeve adjustments on. He said they were nice jackets. Just wondering if he was referring to someone from here. ?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an Iron Heart jacket in with Zoltan at Advanced European Tailors right now? I stopped in today to have some sleeves taken up on a jacket and had my IH on. He asked if it was IH and said he had another that someone needed significant sleeve adjustments on. He said they were nice jackets. Just wondering if he was referring to someone from here. ?
That would be me.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheers ?
He took up the arms on mine as well-did a fantastic job.
Good to hear I brought it in just to have the sleeves shortened a bit and asked about the upper portion. He seemed like "no sweat". These cooler foggy days (I live in Santa Cruz) got me jazzed to wear it.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Caught this LVC suede type 3 for a steal brand new with one problem: the snap fell off. Anyone know of a place on the east coast that could fix this sort of thing?

View attachment 1668773
View attachment 1668774
Other than that, really happy with the fit / quality. Very heavy and I think it'll break in nicely.

I received that same jacket from Levi's with that same snap already missing. I was pissed and just returned it but now I kind of wished I'd kept it and repaired it.

You can get a kit from Amazon with the setting tools and assorted snaps for cheap. It's quite easy to do. You just need the tool and a hammer. The only difficult part might be finding the right color snaps.

jmiller123

Reaction score
I received that same jacket from Levi's with that same snap already missing. I was pissed and just returned it but now I kind of wished I'd kept it and repaired it.

You can get a kit from Amazon with the setting tools and assorted snaps for cheap. It's quite easy to do. You just need the tool and a hammer. The only difficult part might be finding the right color snaps.
Yeah not sure how that got passed quality control. Depending on your size there are a few floating around on eBay for under retail.

Getting the right snap were the issue for me. I went to three different local cobblers nearby and none of them had a good match. I ended up sending it to Bedo's as recommended here to get the snap fixed and the sleeve length shortened a bit. Waiting to here back from them so hopefully it won't still be a problem.

Reactions: XWT

boxdok

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Blackmeans Leather? I heard there stuff run extremely small and they hand distressed a lot it. Judging by pics there stuff seems quality. I went ahead and purchased this jacket off Yoox. I'm 6'3 185lbs and and I went with a Sz 6
BLACKMEANS® Biker jacket Khaki Sheepskin thumbnail
BLACKMEANS® Biker jacket Khaki Sheepskin

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Blackmeans Leather? I heard there stuff run extremely small and they hand distressed a lot it. Judging by pics there stuff seems quality. I went ahead and purchased this jacket off Yoox. I'm 6'3 185lbs and and I went with a Sz 6

Very familiar as I own a bunch of stuff from them including some leathers. You usually really want measurements for their pieces as their sizing is all over the place. I own a size 2, 3 and 4 and they all fit about the same (granted, they're different styles). Your jacket was originally made for Mr. Porter so it was made with EU measurements in mind and will fit quite big compared to most other Blackmeans leathers (size 6 is rare).

I'm not as knowledgable as some other people on here so take this with multiple grains of salt but the quality of all my Blackmeans items is top notch. The leathers have good stitching, great zippers and overall feel very sturdy. 99% sure your model is made of distressed sheep leather. I have one distressed sheep and a "basic" sheep one and both are great. The distressing is really well done. Prepare for high armholes and skinny fit.

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like an ugly knockoff of the Lewis Leathers Lightning.

Triumph%20mag2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads