Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. suppressor

suppressor Member

I think some are say Raccagni and some just say RY- I'm not sure.
    It's the same company. RY is also known as Raccagni.

2. riskyrukus

riskyrukus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Still my favourite leather piece, Viridi Anne Goatskin Leather Jacket

3. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

[​IMG]

This deserves to be here.

Truly a jacket only a child would select...

4. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I kinda like it because the knit sleeves scream cute but the DR screams badass and the end result is contradictory and wacky in a cool way.

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

6. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

[​IMG]
    Still my favourite leather piece, Viridi Anne Goatskin Leather Jacket

Ye i really like this.

7. origenesprit

origenesprit Senior member

Truly a jacket only a child would select...

Dunno, I think Julian Casablancas would be all over it.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Anybody know how the current season stooges fit?
    Trying to decide if I can squeeze into an xs.

9. jaythejet

jaythejet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

sorry to bring up an old post but does anyone on SF own this jacket? i'd like to know the quality on balmain leather jackets. thanks

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Don't understand Kunk's love for Rick Owens jackets. Yes, he may have been the innovator, but every single Rick Owen's jacket I've felt has been underwhelming and feels a little cheap and, in many cases, flimsy. I'd never say that about a Julius or The Viridi-Anne jacket, not to mention CCP, about which I disagree with Drew, not about the technical aspects, but like Fuuma, about the correlation between "quality" and value.

Personally, I think that CCP and Viridi-Anne jackets are great. They look good with pretty much any style. You could be a cowboy in a CCP jacket, or an undernourished ninja.

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Well, I wasn't debating the manufacture quality of CCP, it's obviously there - but SZ talking about the artistic aspects of all the expensive goth ninja brands as a sideways way to get to Hollywood celebrity clothing - and the part that no one talks about, it being expensive for being expensive's sake and the usual suspects getting in on that (it seems like 75% of SZ's membership was also into collecting Dunks and Supreme not long ago) - I don't like talking about quality when it comes to that shit. That usually ends up being some SZ-esque bullshit post, we're talking Asian dudes with bullshit flowbee haircuts and $6K leather jackets, who were posting Dunks a few years ago and now talking about how they've always loved Patti Smith and Joseph Beuys and quality 'artisanal techniques'

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I love RO leathers too, I think mostly because it kind of hovers just below being edgy but it doesn't look like the regular leather jacket you can get at Macys. Quality is a hit or miss, I admit it and Kunk agrees. RO delivers a certain look that are different from Julius or CCP so to others, it is more appealing.

There are some Julius jackets I like but some are just too hard to pull off, like the cowl jacket. Shit looks awesome and I'd have no doubt quality is great but you'd have to go full goth to wear them. Contrary to what most beliefs or saying, RO doesn't really need more RO. It can be pulled off with a simple pair of slim jeans and boots and regular tee. It isn't going to blow anyones mind away but it still looks good. In Kunks case though, he can wear all RO stuff and it works for him.

The other factor might be availability, well to some at least. I know Kunk probably has easy access to CCp and Julius it being in NY and all but to others, these brands are difficult to find in stores. Now RO is also hard to come by in stores here in LA but there are a lot of online retailers where you can buy and easily return if it doesn't fit. While with Julius or CCP, it isn't easy to do. If Julius are easily accessible to me, chances are i'd probably have one by now.

In the end, quality isn't the only reason to like or hate Rick Owens, chances are it'll last and stand up to anything you put it up against and to some that is good enough. At least that is how I see it.

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

it's just easier since i wear nothing but ro and wear the leathers all year save for july and august. btw rfx, i bought that blistered intarsia

Don't understand Kunk's love for Rick Owens jackets. Yes, he may have been the innovator, but every single Rick Owen's jacket I've felt has been underwhelming and feels a little cheap and, in many cases, flimsy. I'd never say that about a Julius or The Viridi-Anne jacket, not to mention CCP, about which I disagree with Drew, not about the technical aspects, but like Fuuma, about the correlation between "quality" and value.

Personally, I think that CCP and Viridi-Anne jackets are great. They look good with pretty much any style. You could be a cowboy in a CCP jacket, or an undernourished ninja.

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

omfg i just wet myself laughing

Well, I wasn't debating the manufacture quality of CCP, it's obviously there - but SZ talking about the artistic aspects of all the expensive goth ninja brands as a sideways way to get to Hollywood celebrity clothing - and the part that no one talks about, it being expensive for being expensive's sake and the usual suspects getting in on that (it seems like 75% of SZ's membership was also into collecting Dunks and Supreme not long ago) - I don't like talking about quality when it comes to that shit. That usually ends up being some SZ-esque bullshit post, we're talking Asian dudes with bullshit flowbee haircuts and $6K leather jackets, who were posting Dunks a few years ago and now talking about how they've always loved Patti Smith and Joseph Beuys and quality 'artisanal techniques'