• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Understatesman

Reaction score
Question unrelated to the FCL: What are the typical zipper sizes for the front of a double rider jacket, like #5, etc? Are they the same size as the wrist cuff zippers?

When sending off a jacket to have the zippers replaced and added to pockets and whatnot, do you have to provide them with the zippers? Or do I just tell them I want Riri/YKK whatever in gunmetal, etc?

XWT

Reaction score
When sending off a jacket to have the zippers replaced and added to pockets and whatnot, do you have to provide them with the zippers? Or do I just tell them I want Riri/YKK whatever in gunmetal, etc?
That's going to depend on who you send it to and it's definitely them you should ask. If you can source the zipper you want I don't see why they'd deny you service though.

When repairing my LVC 505's I got a Gripper zipper in the right length from another jeans maker and the repair was that much easier.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
have you thought about losing your pandemic weight

Understatesman

Reaction score
Random question about leather jackets in general: So when traveling, how many leathers do you guys take with you? Say you're gonna travel around Europe for a couple of weeks, or visit one location for a week or two, do you take more than one (I'm guessing your fave) just to change things up and give you options? Like say a HH and a lambskin, a moto and a DR, a flight jacket and a varsity?

I usually try to pack light and everything in one carry-on, but I love my leathers and am wondering how I'm going to approach this going forward.

XWT

Reaction score
Random question about leather jackets in general: So when traveling, how many leathers do you guys take with you? Say you're gonna travel around Europe for a couple of weeks, or visit one location for a week or two, do you take more than one (I'm guessing your fave) just to change things up and give you options? Like say a HH and a lambskin, a moto and a DR, a flight jacket and a varsity?

I usually try to pack light and everything in one carry-on, but I love my leathers and am wondering how I'm going to approach this going forward.
i used to be the dumbass who would leave for a 4 day work trip and bring 3 suits, but I don’t think I’d ever leave the house with a second leather jacket in my stuff.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? Are you hoping it will magically expand in the shower to fit your gut? If anything, it'll be the opposite.
I just want to see what would happen. Supposedly that’s how Savannah of Savas and formerly of Billy Reid “discovered” the former’s flagship leather jacket - by sitting in a tub with it.

I get bored and want to wreck things.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.