Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

maybe vincent & vincent, but seriously at that price point, there really isn't much

i really love my vincent and vincent jacket. wished they had more presence, but i think i might have gotten too fat for mine.

2. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

used attachment, backlash, and julius leathers are comparable to ToJ quality in that range

do you mean that TOJ leather matches Backlash's in terms of quality ??

3. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Really like the Rick Intarsia but my wardrobe doesn't fit the RO aesthetic (not grungy/rock/drapey stuff). Think it'll work just as a leather jacket in general? I keep hearing RO needs more RO to look good.

4. Knisse

Knisse Senior member

Really like the Rick Intarsia but my wardrobe doesn't fit the RO aesthetic (not grungy/rock/drapey stuff). Think it'll work just as a leather jacket in general? I keep hearing RO needs more RO to look good.

I think their jackets can be worn also with more casual wear, but be careful with formal wear and leather jackets, can end up looking a bit weird.

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

The intarsia is like a leather track jacket, I think it goes pretty well with most casual clothes

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

do you mean that TOJ leather matches Backlash's in terms of quality ??
    Depends on what you want, Backlash leather is pretty sick, though. The vegetable dyed german calf is pretty much the best material I can imagine making a jacket from I tried on a couple margiela 5-zip this weekend, man I love the design, but the fit just seems wacky. Maybe my shoulders just too small for it. The current season blacked out joint definitely fit the best, tho Like the, side profile just seems off, I never like how the sleeves or shoulders sit [​IMG] This is how it fits me too, like the body is perfect, but the shoulders are off by a half inch on either side, causing the whole thing to slide down when its unzipped [​IMG]

7. Emixam

Emixam Senior member

Depends on what you want, Backlash leather is pretty sick, though. The vegetable dyed german calf is pretty much the best material I can imagine making a jacket from
    exactly. Does backlash make XXL ? Their XL sizes look like 48 to me.

8. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

are there any leathers out there that aren't TOJ that are ~1000 range that don't suck quality/design wise?

what about brands which have new ones? i know s2a but anything else out there?
    I find it hard to take your question seriously when you say the stuff in bold together (0). I don't how I would answer.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The intarsia is like a leather track jacket, I think it goes pretty well with most casual clothes

+1. People are too intimidated with wearing RO leathers, as long as you aren't going for the hi-collar or the shawl leathers and you'd be good to go. The intarsia moto, bomber and stooges are pretty tamed.

10. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

went and picked through a whole rack of Rick leathers last week, was beyond disappointed with the leather quality. Stitchwork was fine, but I was hoping for the leather to be at least passable looking (like something I would wear, which can include lesser leather than I'm used to, if the design is nice) but it just wasn't. The oily/waxy calf was thin, like .8mm, the Stooges I handled had laughable leather - just really disappointing. I hadn't handled a Rick leather in a couple years and was sad to see these recent ones.

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

was it from this season?

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

that directed at me? I don't know what season they were, but they would've been either this season, last, or the season before last.

13. Lane

Lane Senior member

of course, just curious cuz I read that quality has been dwindling. Even design wise I'd say they are lacking now, too.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

My oiled calf intarsia is very thick and substantial from last season, my oiled calf mollino from a season before isn't as thick as the FW10 oiled calf but still very substantial and feels great.

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

SS10 not being as thick as FW10 right??