• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Addict - I love mine. It's a completely different leather than FCL. Much thinner but I ended up selling all my FCL (for various reasons) and ended up keeping the AD.
I do want to try FCL because I actually want a slightly thicker HH, but I'm also super tempted by Real McCoys. Leather is such an addiction.
For the record I prefer less stiff / heavy jackets so that might be why the addict was great for me. Tbh even it is too tough/stiff haha
It's so interesting to me how leather is such a subjective thing. I am the opposite I keep wanting stiffer and thicker leathers as I age.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought about posting this in the should I buy thread, but I think most folks in here would appreciate/have more of an opinion on this jacket. I been going back and forth for months because the color is listed as "black" but it doesn't look so to me. Saw pics on @almostvintage IG and it's definitely brown. What do y'all think?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought about posting this in the should I buy thread, but I think most folks in here would appreciate/have more of an opinion on this jacket. I been going back and forth for months because the color is listed as "black" but it doesn't look so to me. Saw pics on @almostvintage IG and it's definitely brown. What do y'all think?

Looks similar to the Real McCoys @d4nimal nimal just posted on the previous page. I dig it.

slows2k

Reaction score
I don't understand this sentence? "You mean the jacket zipped up, it definitely is?" Yes, the jacket is zipped up ... ?
I think he meant: “You mean the jacket zipped up? It definitely is.”

What I hear is that the zipped and unzipped jackets are different jackets entirely. Does the action of closing a jacket make it a different garment? I think maybe…

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What I hear is that the zipped and unzipped jackets are different jackets entirely. Does the action of closing a jacket make it a different garment? I think maybe…

I don't understand what he means even with the question mark ?‍♂️

I said the overall fit looks great.

Then he says ... "The jacket is zipped up? It definitely is"

Anyway .. . the internet is hard.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sure you did or are you actually that dumb Derek? Obviously not.

I know you're just sort of joking with the jacket shouldn't be zipped up but some people tend to be apprehensive with posting their fits with their jackets zipped.

It should be included to those previous stupid SF group think in this thread:

- Jacket (in horse/calf) will stretch up to the next size
- Leather jacket should fit like a second skin; buys jacket one size too small and looks like in a sausage casing but gets complimented of how it fits well
- Somebody asks for a jacket recommendation - get a TOJ/5-zip instead
- Thicker leather equates to higher quality

slows2k

Reaction score

It’s late for me; I don’t think the joke I was trying to make came across. Yeah the fit itself is really great, even if one version of it is closed.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sure you did or are you actually that dumb Derek? Obviously not.

I know you're just sort of joking with the jacket shouldn't be zipped up but some people tend to be apprehensive with posting their fits with their jackets zipped.

- Leather jacket should fit like a second skin; buys jacket one size too small and looks like in a sausage casing
- Somebody asks for a jacket recommendation - get a TOJ/5-zip instead
- Thicker leather equates to higher quality

Oh, is that the joke? I didn't understand what you were saying. Sorry? ?‍♂️

I've said before that I think double-breasted coats, which include double riders, can look great when fastened. I think single-breasted coats, or in this case, cafe racers, often look better open. And anyway, it's just a rule of thumb.

I can't tell when you're joking or not, tbh. So I didn't understand the context of your comment. Your posts often come off as slightly aggressive to me, so I have no idea when you're trying to make a joke.

slows2k

Reaction score

- Leather jacket should fit like a second skin; buys jacket one size too small and looks like in a sausage casing but gets complimented of how it fits well

let me just dispel these here and now, having made a mistake like this twice myself: don’t buy a jacket that feels like this; it will not stretch and you will hate yourself for spending so much money incorrectly.

Slim fit is good; sausage casing is not.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, is that the joke? I didn't understand what you were saying. Sorry? ?‍♂️

I've said before that I think double-breasted coats, which include double riders, can look great when fastened. I think single-breasted coats, or in this case, cafe racers, often look better open. And anyway, it's just a rule of thumb.

I can't tell when you're joking or not, tbh. So I didn't understand the context of your comment. Your posts often come off as slightly aggressive to me, so I have no idea when you're trying to make a joke.

Understood. I apologize for that. I think the longer one stays here in SF, the more one becomes snarky. I've observed this a few times and I would include myself. :p

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do want to try FCL because I actually want a slightly thicker HH, but I'm also super tempted by Real McCoys. Leather is such an addiction.

It's so interesting to me how leather is such a subjective thing. I am the opposite I keep wanting stiffer and thicker leathers as I age.

@sinnedk all those leathers are clearly stiff as they are able to stand by themselves. If they were pliable they would crumple on their own weight. That's objectively evidence of how rigid they are.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
let me just dispel these here and now, having made a mistake like this twice myself: don’t buy a jacket that feels like this; it will not stretch and you will hate yourself for spending so much money incorrectly.

Slim fit is good; sausage casing is not.

I'm going to go ahead and state that my leathers fit me extremely well and better than most posters on here and that's a function of knowing exactly what proportions work on my frame to make it look good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads