• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually think short jackets are good depending on the context. Vintage inspired looks will always look better with jackets cut slightly shorter. Especially with high rise pants
Thats true. I wanted to point that out so folks are aware before buying. The Flat Head jackets are super short too.

Man, this had potential to be a great rendition of the DR by Fine Creek. It's called the FCJK023_Buckland.

Awesome front. Horrible back (for me). Damn shame.

View attachment 1607057
View attachment 1607058
That back panel makes it look awful

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Flat Head jackets are shorter than the ones from FCL. But they work better if you are of average height. Delraiser length in size 44 for me is as good as it gets off the rack.

XWT

Reaction score
guys keep in mind SB is super short, that model at s&s is short as well so the jacket looks perfect
If you mean the jacket model, it’s 26 inches long on a size 40.
If you mean the person modeling the jacket, he’s 6’1’’.
Neither are what I could call short.

@Understatesman I think the back panel is cool and has a lot of character. It’s seemingly a 30’s sport style. If you don’t like it don’t buy it.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you mean the jacket model, it’s 26 inches long on a size 40.
If you mean the person modeling the jacket, he’s 6’1’’.
Neither are what I could call short.

@Understatesman I think the back panel is cool and has a lot of character. It’s seemingly a 30’s sport style. If you don’t like it don’t buy it.
which jacket has a length of 26? I looked at current s&s site, are you referring to the blue one specifically if so then yea that jacket is not short but I don’t see the sizing anywhere for it.

Understatesman

Reaction score
So what? You know what @dieworkwear says about zippered pockets.... always leave them unzipped and open, they look better that way.
I've dabbling with this on my Roberts jacket lately. One thing that feels off to me though is that the hand pockets are so vertical and off to the side that they seem to add extra width to an otherwise slim profile.

Examples of zipped pockets giving the Roberts a better silhouette, imho:

1418291-fe3770e82d7e52036f93a97d80b35603.jpg

Fine_Creek_Horsehide_Jacket_Roberts_001-680x1025.jpg

fit3.jpg

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no joke, i remember looking at the measurements and finding SB short in the body.

the IH you bought in size 38 is 25.8 vertical length, SB (this one) is 24, the rider is 24.75, short jackets are great for riding but not fashion my 2c.

Also that model always wears high waisted pants (pants with a high rise) which in pics make the jackets look longer.
I actually think short jackets are good depending on the context. Vintage inspired looks will always look better with jackets cut slightly shorter. Especially with high rise pants
My 30s style RMC is fairly short by modern standards. The back length I think measures 23” if not less on this size 36 (a big 36 for Japan). Longer lengths actually bother me, it's actually one of the main reasons I don't wear my Schott much anymore, but I think I have kind of a short torso and long legs. If I left my tees untucked with this jacket they'd billow out like sexy little mini skirt.

Also just realized on the closed pic it kinda looks like it pulls on the right chest, but I think it's just the way I'm standing. The more robo-y poses don't have that. Don't tell anyone, but I also sometimes wear it closed :hide:

RMC Fit 5-8-2021.jpg

PS - That plant will be dead in 3-6 months.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.