• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A black Barbanera suede trucker just popped up on Markkt, in case anyone is interested. I think it's a nice take on the style. Although the sleeves are fairly slim, so best on someone who has a slim build. If you have a more muscular build, you may find the cut uncomfortable.

MKT-0521-NKW-01Front_2050x.jpeg

slows2k

Reaction score
On my quest to find my one jacket I stopped in at Self Edge SF today and really liked this Ironheart. Feels like it fit extremely well; I was surprised at the amount of movement I had in the shoulders, given it's pretty slim. Fit and finish appear excellent. I tried the collarless version too, at $200 less, and it fit the same, pretty much. Is the collar worth $200? I'm leaning towards yes...All the other details are right for me: the double chest pockets, double hand pockets, and large zips are perfect.

Problem areas for me: arm length on my tyrannosaurus arms. They're not terribly long and should come up some, but altering may be in the future. It's a little long in the body and hits the top of my larger posterior, but I suspect as it creases this problem will lessen. Does anyone have one of these who can comment on how it's worked out for them? This kind of thing is a big outlay for me so I want to make sure I get it right...

Oh and I tried on the equivalent Fine Creek and while nice, their fit really didn't work for me for some reason.

A couple terrible pics that i had to brighten because of the overhead light placement:

IMG_2877.JPG

IMG_2879.JPG
IMG_2882.JPG
IMG_2884.JPG
For comparison I was at Schott a few days ago and liked the 613H. If I got it I would have to take the sleeves up and probably in because they're pretty large, and remove the epaulets, which I really don't care for.

IMG_2656.JPG

IMG_2657.JPG

I was pleasantly surprised by the Schott and it costs substantially less than the IH, but I'm not sure about the look. What does the hive mind think?

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Reaction score
A black Barbanera suede trucker just popped up on Markkt, in case anyone is interested. I think it's a nice take on the style. Although the sleeves are fairly slim, so best on someone who has a slim build. If you have a more muscular build, you may find the cut uncomfortable.

View attachment 1606360
As is this vintage Levi's trucker:

1620430246680.png

Looks similar to on a PRL I tried where I found the snaps had lost their ability to hold, but other than that possibility and the fact it's small, pretty dope.

I guess I should look at more than the Real McCoy's page on Markkt.

XWT

Reaction score
@slows2k I like both, but the sleeves are too long unless you explicitly want to use them for riding motorcycles.

Also, try the 613 in a size smaller. If it fits, consider it even if it’s initially thight. The heavy leather really « open up » with break in. The shoulders in the size you took pictures in appear a bit on the wide side. It’s not bad at all, I’m just suggesting you may be pleased by a smaller size but without seeing I may be wrong.

slows2k

Reaction score
@slows2k I like both, but the sleeves are too long unless you explicitly want to use them for riding motorcycles.

Also, try the 613 in a size smaller. If it fits, consider it even if it’s initially thight. The heavy leather really « open up » with break in. The shoulders in the size you took pictures in appear a bit on the wide side. It’s not bad at all, I’m just suggesting you may be pleased by a smaller size but without seeing I may be wrong.
Yeah I have to have sleeves taken up no matter what I buy, so I usually consider everything else before that. This is definitely for looks; I don't ride at all. I'm gonna go make one more comparison tomorrow so I'll try a 38 on when I'm at Schott, but I'm pretty sure it'll be too small. Ive purchased two leather jackets in the past, both of which I've erred on the small side with, and neither ever stretched at all so they both got sold. I'm hoping to not make that mistake this time. Its funny because I do read that leather jackets will open up, but the people at Schott are adamant they don't and my experience says the same. I'm open to being convinced otherwise, though.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hoodog +1

@All addict leather is rubbish and fit is trash, if you drop that kind of money look to FCL, 316, IH, Schott, so many better options.
I like mine, fits me great I think

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
On my quest to find my one jacket I stopped in at Self Edge SF today and really liked this Ironheart. Feels like it fit extremely well; I was surprised at the amount of movement I had in the shoulders, given it's pretty slim. Fit and finish appear excellent. I tried the collarless version too, at $200 less, and it fit the same, pretty much. Is the collar worth $200? I'm leaning towards yes...All the other details are right for me: the double chest pockets, double hand pockets, and large zips are perfect.

Problem areas for me: arm length on my tyrannosaurus arms. They're not terribly long and should come up some, but altering may be in the future. It's a little long in the body and hits the top of my larger posterior, but I suspect as it creases this problem will lessen. Does anyone have one of these who can comment on how it's worked out for them? This kind of thing is a big outlay for me so I want to make sure I get it right...

Oh and I tried on the equivalent Fine Creek and while nice, their fit really didn't work for me for some reason.

A couple terrible pics that i had to brighten because of the overhead light placement:

View attachment 1606438
For comparison I was at Schott a few days ago and liked the 613H. If I got it I would have to take the sleeves up and probably in because they're pretty large, and remove the epaulets, which I really don't care for.

View attachment 1606442

I was pleasantly surprised by the Schott and it costs substantially less than the IH, but I'm not sure about the look. What does the hive mind think?
Personally like the first jacket on you better than the Schott. I don't think there's anything wrong with the body length of the Iron Heart, but agree the sleeves are a touch long. I would wear it for a while and see how the sleeve ends up fitting. From your photo, I assume you went to the San Francisco Self Edge location. I don't know if they have someone who does leather work, but Zoltan at Advanced European Tailors in Berkeley can alter leather jackets.

XWT

Reaction score
Its funny because I do read that leather jackets will open up, but the people at Schott are adamant they don't and my experience says the same. I'm open to being convinced otherwise, though.
It's more of a "don't size up" than a "do size down" commendation.

slows2k

Reaction score
Personally like the first jacket on you better than the Schott. I don't think there's anything wrong with the body length of the Iron Heart, but agree the sleeves are a touch long. I would wear it for a while and see how the sleeve ends up fitting. From your photo, I assume you went to the San Francisco Self Edge location. I don't know if they have someone who does leather work, but Zoltan at Advanced European Tailors in Berkeley can alter leather jackets.
Yeah it was SESF. I'll probably take it to AET, given the number of times I've seen them recommended here. This alteration should be simple.

I'm leaning more and more towards the IH, but its more than I had intended to spend so I really have to make sure its the right one.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.