• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For expensive items, I get stuffed delivered to me at the office.
This is probably the best practical option, provided you have someone to sign for things at the office. I used to do this with my wife’s workplace, but she has been working from home since the VID. Other downside for that was that there was no way I could pretend it wasn’t new.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably the best practical option, provided you have someone to sign for things at the office. I used to do this with my wife’s workplace, but she has been working from home since the VID. Other downside for that was that there was no way I could pretend it wasn’t new.

The only time I preemptively check the mail is when I've received a delivery notification. I can feel my wife's eyes rolling at me.

"This box that looks like a shoe box? Just work stuff."

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The big wildcard, is the drivers. I get a LOT of deliveries.
I am gated, and have a camera on the gate that records.
There is a phone system on the gate to call.
Every so often I'll get the notification: "couldn't access property" with an approximate time stamp.
I'll go to the video. Sometimes, they lie and never came to the gate, maybe they were slammed. Other times, I'll watch them walk to the gate, try the knob, and then immediately walk away.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to have everything shipped to my office, because it would be signed for and left in the mail room with my last name in sharpie on the side of the box. Having things shipped to my home is definitely less secure.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Except for the weekends, there's always someone at the office during normal work hours.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been known to linger in @whorishconsumer 's lobby a couple of days after he mentions another The Real McCoy's purchase.

I always wondered why there was a stylish coatrack seen in different parts of the lobby.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For expensive items, I get stuffed delivered to me at the office.
out of curiosity, how big is your office? My company banned people from shipping stuff to work because it got too much for the mail guys to deal with. I can see it working for smaller offices but with thousands of employees in one building for a group of 5? guys working the mail room, it wouldnt work out well.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
out of curiosity, how big is your office? My company banned people from shipping stuff to work because it got too much for the mail guys to deal with. I can see it working for smaller offices but with thousands of employees in one building for a group of 5? guys working the mail room, it wouldnt work out well.

Office is several hundred people with a large warehouse attached to it with another several hundred operations people in the warehouse. I don't think warehouse people are really getting deliveries to the office though.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a good Type II leather jacket that is "longer" than a traditional type II? in the market for one!

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arent most of you folks home these days? I am working from home so shipping home is fine, I haven't bought anything too pricey so nothing to steal except amazon purchases...

Thieves follow trucks and hit within minutes of delivery. If you aren’t aware of the delivery because the driver didn’t have you sign, then you’re SOL.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a good Type II leather jacket that is "longer" than a traditional type II? in the market for one!

What about the type 2 do you like and are looking to preserve in a longer model? I ask because it’s not just length that is a factor but also width - type 2s are loose in the body/wider in the shoulders. That plus the placement of the pockets and the pleated placket could make it more of a sack/chore coat if made longer. But maybe that’s what you’re going for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads