Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. aether

aether Senior member

can someone ID?

[​IMG]

2. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

3. aether

aether Senior member

can a lewis leather be bought without a logo?

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

I just don't get/trust some sellers, dude declares a 07 Julius jacket in great condition, 9/10 but has a what he describes as a "micro hole"? Nothing against the seller but do peopel actually still pay $1200 for this?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

is this winqs? I hadn't even seen a brown Julius jacket that old until he bought one... that is fucked btw, you can't repair that without it being obvious.

5. senchao

senchao Well-Known Member

Justice x S2A Xavier Granted, S2A isn't very well-reputed for its leathers, but I like this jacket. The design features may be a little busy, but I like the grey perforated leather and the red accents. Definitely not worth the retail price, but I bought this substantially below retail so I'm a happy camper. Unfortunately, it's a little small/short (Size M). [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Sruli Recht

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

those pants look awesome too. nice

7. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

Justice x S2A Xavier Granted, S2A isn't very well-reputed for its leathers, but I like this jacket. The design features may be a little busy, but I like the grey perforated leather and the red accents. Definitely not worth the retail price, but I bought this substantially below retail so I'm a happy camper. Unfortunately, it's a little small/short (Size M). [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    well at least it's not a blackscissors copy like I opted for and ultimately sold

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Xavier wears Dior Homme...

9. senchao

How does the Black Scissors match up to the original? S2A re-released its leather jackets permanently, including this jacket in unperforated black leather, so maybe you could find it for cheap. I'm thinking about selling this one to get a size up, but I'm not sure because the cut of the overall jacket doesn't really seem to suit my build. EDIT: I'd like to be able to afford Dior Homme too lol but that's not gonna happen any time soon [​IMG]

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

11. senchao

Yeah, perforation kinda kills the leather. Whatever, it's a different look I guess.

12. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

the quality i can't compare because i've never seen the real one in person although i was very interested in the gaspard for some time. i was gonna pull the trigger on an s2a leather but when i went to buy one, it was sold out. i am kind of glad i didnt now that they reproduced them, to be honest. i think blackscissors quality is better than most say or what the general consensus is about them (which i find most people are just upset that they are copying high end names and making money off that) but what really matters when it comes down to it is the fit. I think it fit great on me, maybe a little loose, could be better (and I ordered an XS based around the original jackets measurements) but it ended up fitting a friend, who i sold it to, even better. in fact im quite jealous of how well it fits on his body, its like their leather literally molds to your body. to be fair though, i did not wear it enough for it to be "mine." it almost looks fake, but the leather itself smelled amazing. it felt great every time i slipped it on and the lining was nice, too. maybe a little above average.. i would give them another shot, but i dont know if i would ever buy a "copy" again—— but this is just a personal preference.

if you search my post history you should find pics of the jacket

13. senchao

Yeah I actually did take a quick scroll through this thread and found your pictures - the BS replica looks decent. What do you think of my Xavier though, in terms of the overall look and fit? It's kinda off right? I was hoping the Medium would fit; I assumed it would because I'm 5'8" 145ish but it seems to be short in length and too small around the shoulders/chest.

About leather jackets in general, I just feel that jackets from RO or MMM look best on slimmer frames. At least more so than they would on an athletic build. Maybe I should go the route of ToJ and get a MTM jacket instead.

14. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

We have very similar height and weight so that's really odd that the jacket does not fit when I'd probably be ordering small, myself. I think you may be right when you say it may just be your build and not the jacket, then again, it could very well be the jacket. again, I've never seen the S2A jackets in person... they could be cut very oddly but what do I know? It appears from web photos that they leather is top grade but perhaps made for stick thin Parisian people. Maybe it's the jeans you're wearing too that may make the cut look a bit off but only because the one thing that I've always bounced back between love/hating on the S2A jackets was the "elastic/fabric" at the bottom/waist and at the cuffs. It probably feels nice but it can really throw off the look of the jacket depending on how its worn and with what. Personally, I think it looks alright, I mean with the warm season coming up and all, I don't suspect you'd be layering too much. I see where you have second guesses though, it does look a bit bunched up in the chest.. but it appears that it may be because you are muscular and not fat, so maybe you just have to say c'est la vie sometimes.. Maybe the leather needs to stretch a bit to your body?? My advice is this— At the end of the day, what matters is that you have a steezy-ass jacket and it's always nice to have the "real thing" because there's no going "up" from there. Either keep it or sell it and get something completely different. Don't go black scissors because after having the real thing you'll probably be disappointed in the "differences" because I can tell you what, the Justice/cross logo and the S2A logos are what you paid for

tl;dr— everything looks fine including the length except for the chest/shoulders.. if it bothers you enough sell it but that's a nice jacket

15. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

In other news I am about to bite the bullet on this Schott [​IMG] [​IMG]