• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

redmania

Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
i dont know where you live, but if you live in a somewhat big city, all the thrift stores have tons of them for dirt cheap. i would look there first.

Melbourne!!!

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well i dont really like the look of a leather jacket with dress pants and dress shoes. you always see those guys who dont know how to dress wearing over-sized leather jackets with baggy dress pants etc. i like to wear my leather jacket with jeans and boots etc.

davo10375

Reaction score
"All thrift stores have tons of them for dirt cheap"... when I visit the US at the end of the year, I'm expecting to be able to walk into all thrift stores and be met with a glorious range of cheap leather jackets and awesome clothing/shoes.

On a scale of not-crazy to Michael Jackson what am I? Are there a few good thrift stores amongst large amounts of garbage ones?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Jil Sander:
mendenhall.jpg

Jil Sander:
laser.jpg

sharkswithlasers003.jpg

sharkswithlasers004.jpg

Burberry Prorsum:
lunchday001.jpg

mbbv002.jpg

Michael Bastian:
hunter.jpg

bp001.jpg

mb.jpg

Dior Homme:
dior.jpg

dhleather.jpg

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favourite:
Jacket - 4B SB caramel nubuck, hidden zipper + belted collar (Brunello Cucinelli)

L1000830.jpg

L1000816.jpg

L1000703.jpg

L1020507.jpg

L1020535.jpg
L1020540.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Ha your BC and my MB are probably from the same suede lot.

Did I already ***** you out last year for being 2 blocks from my apt (in your Time Waner Center pic) and not letting me know?

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Ha your BC and my MB are probably from the same suede lot.

Did I already ***** you out last year for being 2 blocks from my apt (in your Time Waner Center pic) and not letting me know?

- yes, I was in your hood back in March.. I think you made a comment that gay guys find it natural to meet over the net as I was a bit shy (being straight etc) LOL.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
^I'm no Rice Queen so don't worry next time you come back.

Surfrider

Reaction score
The best leather jackets I've ever seen are made by Langlitz. Though, I suspect this isn't exactly what the OP had in mind.
smile.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by davo10375
"All thrift stores have tons of them for dirt cheap"... when I visit the US at the end of the year, I'm expecting to be able to walk into all thrift stores and be met with a glorious range of cheap leather jackets and awesome clothing/shoes.

On a scale of not-crazy to Michael Jackson what am I? Are there a few good thrift stores amongst large amounts of garbage ones?

well i live in toronto, so i cant tell you where to go in the states. but if you come to toronto, i can send you to quite a few thrift stores where you can get tons of leather jackets from 30-80 dollars.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Phat Guido
My favourite:
Jacket - 4B SB caramel nubuck, hidden zipper + belted collar (Brunello Cucinelli)

L1000830.jpg

L1000816.jpg

L1000703.jpg

L1020507.jpg

L1020535.jpg
L1020540.jpg

you could quite possibly be the happiest man on earth.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone please design better web pages for these leather jacket companies!

danilo

Reaction score
I need to get a leather jacket that's not too heavy... (I live in atlanta)

I just want it to be very fit, I like the collar-less cafe racer motorcyle cut jackets that I've seen. But I'm wondering where I can get a nice one.

Although I really like this jacket, except I would want the elastic cuffs. I would want it to be leather all the way through. But the front pockets and the fit is fantastic.
VHI1.preview.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These have classic style. If one was to buy a leather jacket for a long term investment and to channel cool this would be it. Of course there are and will be more timely fashionable jackets, but this will be the one your son or daughter will want to steal from you one day.

Originally Posted by insOma
I just bought a jacket from the Aero Leather Company and its definitely the nicest leather jacket I've ever seen. Handmade to my measurements, made of front quarter horsehide, custom worsted wool lining and extra pockets. . . this jacket is amazing and I think Aero might make the finest leather ever.
Jacket-9-copy.jpg

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
well i live in toronto, so i cant tell you where to go in the states. but if you come to toronto, i can send you to quite a few thrift stores where you can get tons of leather jackets from 30-80 dollars.

Hey, if you don't mind could you PM me some of the thrift stores you frequent? I'm in TO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads