1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Ha your BC and my MB are probably from the same suede lot.

Did I already bitch you out last year for being 2 blocks from my apt (in your Time Waner Center pic) and not letting me know?

2. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Ha your BC and my MB are probably from the same suede lot.

Did I already bitch you out last year for being 2 blocks from my apt (in your Time Waner Center pic) and not letting me know?

- yes, I was in your hood back in March.. I think you made a comment that gay guys find it natural to meet over the net as I was a bit shy (being straight etc) LOL.

3. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

^I'm no Rice Queen so don't worry next time you come back.

4. Surfrider

Surfrider Senior member

The best leather jackets I've ever seen are made by Langlitz. Though, I suspect this isn't exactly what the OP had in mind. [​IMG]

5. West24

West24 Senior member

"All thrift stores have tons of them for dirt cheap"... when I visit the US at the end of the year, I'm expecting to be able to walk into all thrift stores and be met with a glorious range of cheap leather jackets and awesome clothing/shoes.

On a scale of not-crazy to Michael Jackson what am I? Are there a few good thrift stores amongst large amounts of garbage ones?

well i live in toronto, so i cant tell you where to go in the states. but if you come to toronto, i can send you to quite a few thrift stores where you can get tons of leather jackets from 30-80 dollars.

6. West24

West24 Senior member

My favourite:
    Jacket - 4B SB caramel nubuck, hidden zipper + belted collar (Brunello Cucinelli)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

you could quite possibly be the happiest man on earth.

7. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Someone please design better web pages for these leather jacket companies!

8. danilo

danilo Senior member

I need to get a leather jacket that's not too heavy... (I live in atlanta)

I just want it to be very fit, I like the collar-less cafe racer motorcyle cut jackets that I've seen. But I'm wondering where I can get a nice one.

Although I really like this jacket, except I would want the elastic cuffs. I would want it to be leather all the way through. But the front pockets and the fit is fantastic.
    [​IMG]

9. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

These have classic style. If one was to buy a leather jacket for a long term investment and to channel cool this would be it. Of course there are and will be more timely fashionable jackets, but this will be the one your son or daughter will want to steal from you one day.

I just bought a jacket from the Aero Leather Company and its definitely the nicest leather jacket I've ever seen. Handmade to my measurements, made of front quarter horsehide, custom worsted wool lining and extra pockets. . . this jacket is amazing and I think Aero might make the finest leather ever.
    [​IMG]

10. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

well i live in toronto, so i cant tell you where to go in the states. but if you come to toronto, i can send you to quite a few thrift stores where you can get tons of leather jackets from 30-80 dollars.

Hey, if you don't mind could you PM me some of the thrift stores you frequent? I'm in TO.

11. dusty

dusty Senior member

My favourite:
    Jacket - 4B SB caramel nubuck, hidden zipper + belted collar (Brunello Cucinelli)

This is one of the best jackets I've ever seen.

12. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

Nice, looks like good quality... Just curious, did you pick that up on the Bay a few months back?

13. mikejones

mikejones Senior member

14. insOma

insOma Member

Here's my Aero FQHH, the jacket to die for. Its a Stockman:

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=100_1639.jpg

That brown FQHH is amazing, so many subtle shades of brown. Its going to look incredible in a few years. I'm guessing that one's pretty new. What kind of lining did you get in it?

15. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

any old schoolers out there have a link to t4phage's custom leather jacket? that thing was amazing.

in the meantime, here's my contribution. a Luciano Barbera that VCH had on sale awhile back. i don't own it but would try to find something similar if i was in the market for a leather jacket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Jeff

16. West24

West24 Senior member

Nice, looks like good quality... Just curious, did you pick that up on the Bay a few months back?

nope, actually picked it up for dirt cheap at a thrift store. and it is great quality, and in great condition as well. it was quite the steal lol.

17. erdawe

erdawe Senior member

lol damn I need to start finding nicer thrift stores.

18. gqcao

gqcao Senior member

[​IMG] love the shade; what are they?

19. Nil

Nil Senior member

[​IMG] Lee Riders Jacket. Apparently it was a Japan only release. I need this in my life but I fear it will be impossible to find especially one in my size.