Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Lane

Lane Senior member

he was responding to me..I kinda went off tangent because of his comment about how ridiculous the cowl neck look is.

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Julius doesn't put inside pockets on their jackets, what's up with that?
    Ro inner pockets are big to the point of being unusable, although one time I fit a ps2 and a book inside when it was raining

Maybe they felt that between a Julius leather and the Julius pants, you would have enough pockets as is? [​IMG]

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

and dat gun holster

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

and dat gun holster

that's for 'Everyday Carry'

Pokemon cards go in the Julius cargo pants. No need for wallet storage because you done spent your last 5 dollars on burgers

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I actually like the long inside pockets on RO, since I put my wallet in there it ends up by my lower torso so it is less noticeable instead of the usual chest area where it kinda shows a silhouette when I zip the jacket up.

And even as a big RO leather fan, I can admit quality on some of them aren't the best.

6. Exalt

Exalt Senior member

Since the topic is RO... If any of you know where I can grab a RO Exploder in size M, do tell.

7. uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx Senior member

damn. shit went down in this thread. sick julius tho. [​IMG]

8. Jenaimarr

Jenaimarr Senior member

Julius doesn't put inside pockets on their jackets, what's up with that?
    Ro inner pockets are big to the point of being unusable, although one time I fit a ps2 and a book inside when it was raining

"Every jacket I make has interior pockets big enough to store a book and a sandwich and a passport." - Rick Owens

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

damn. shit went down in this thread. sick julius tho. [​IMG]

yeah, I know right, after only 72 pages of pics and discussion. I miss the good ol' days.

10. lyubm

lyubm Senior member

Just to get back on track, is this RO?
    [​IMG]

11. LordWanker

LordWanker Senior member

[​IMG] • Gorgeously contrasting copper-brown all-cotton thread construction throughout, including pocket areas. • Durable-yet-supple, 3.5-ounce weight, full-grain, vegetable-tanned buffalo hide imported from Italy and dyed in a bygone process so as to yield a fabulous vintage patina of wear over time. • Double-yoke front detail. • Single-yoke back with bi-swing double-pleated action back with center seam for full range of motion and comfort, and half-belt for vintage aesthetics. • Gusseted armpit for greater flexibility and ventilator grommets constructed of enameled steel to prevent perspiration buildup. • Jacket body is lined in custom-made, heavy 100%-worsted-wool blanket fabric in the classic olive drab shade of the U. S. Army of the 1930’s and 1940’s and loomed using vintage machinery. • Jacket sleeves and pockets are lined in a gorgeous golden-yellow shade of custom-loomed polished-cotton twill. • Simple stand-and-fall collar with vintage-inspired arrowhead-shaped throat latch to help thwart chilling winds. • Vintage-inspired arrowhead-shaped tab for making cuff adjustments. • Hidden cuff made of black, 100% worsted wool on a vintage tube loom with the weave graduating correctly from wide to narrow; cuff remains hidden up inside the sleeve to keep biting winds from rushing up the sleeve as well as precluding the chance the wool knit will snag on objects that normally would be a threat to knit cuffs exposed at the end of the sleeve. • A coin pocket is located on the left side of the jacket. • Hand-warmer pockets with vintage-style notched circular reinforcing tabs attached to the top and bottom portions of the pockets. • Custom manufacturing of vintage-style zipper with beaded-chain puller on right-side breast pocket. • Custom manufacturing of vintage-style urea cat’s-eye buttons in black with contrasting edges in copper-brown. Source: http://historypreservation.com Detail

12. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

found this for 25 bucks at a military surplus store. took it to a leather shop to get the epaulet reattached for 7 bucks.

[​IMG]

13. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Nice. Shoulders are a tiny bit big and I'd like another inch of length if I were you but for 32 dollars, can't complain.

The jacket above is a complete abomination. Just awful.

14. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

Nice pickup for 25 bones. Some leather conditioner on it would make it amazing.

15. DLester

DLester Senior member

Since the topic is RO... If any of you know where I can grab a RO Exploder in size M, do tell.

I just sold one a month ago. I will let you know if the buyer tells me he wants to move it on.