• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he was responding to me..I kinda went off tangent because of his comment about how ridiculous the cowl neck look is.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Julius doesn't put inside pockets on their jackets, what's up with that?
Ro inner pockets are big to the point of being unusable, although one time I fit a ps2 and a book inside when it was raining

Maybe they felt that between a Julius leather and the Julius pants, you would have enough pockets as is?
teacha.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
and dat gun holster

that's for 'Everyday Carry'

Pokemon cards go in the Julius cargo pants. No need for wallet storage because you done spent your last 5 dollars on burgers

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually like the long inside pockets on RO, since I put my wallet in there it ends up by my lower torso so it is less noticeable instead of the usual chest area where it kinda shows a silhouette when I zip the jacket up.

And even as a big RO leather fan, I can admit quality on some of them aren't the best.

Exalt

Reaction score
Since the topic is RO... If any of you know where I can grab a RO Exploder in size M, do tell.

Jenaimarr

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Julius doesn't put inside pockets on their jackets, what's up with that?
Ro inner pockets are big to the point of being unusable, although one time I fit a ps2 and a book inside when it was raining

"Every jacket I make has interior pockets big enough to store a book and a sandwich and a passport." - Rick Owens

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
damn. **** went down in this thread. sick julius tho.
drool.gif

yeah, I know right, after only 72 pages of pics and discussion. I miss the good ol' days.

LordWanker

Reaction score
br_avcoat_blk_thumb.jpg
• Gorgeously contrasting copper-brown all-cotton thread construction throughout, including pocket areas. • Durable-yet-supple, 3.5-ounce weight, full-grain, vegetable-tanned buffalo hide imported from Italy and dyed in a bygone process so as to yield a fabulous vintage patina of wear over time. • Double-yoke front detail. • Single-yoke back with bi-swing double-pleated action back with center seam for full range of motion and comfort, and half-belt for vintage aesthetics. • Gusseted armpit for greater flexibility and ventilator grommets constructed of enameled steel to prevent perspiration buildup. • Jacket body is lined in custom-made, heavy 100%-worsted-wool blanket fabric in the classic olive drab shade of the U. S. Army of the 1930’s and 1940’s and loomed using vintage machinery. • Jacket sleeves and pockets are lined in a gorgeous golden-yellow shade of custom-loomed polished-cotton twill. • Simple stand-and-fall collar with vintage-inspired arrowhead-shaped throat latch to help thwart chilling winds. • Vintage-inspired arrowhead-shaped tab for making cuff adjustments. • Hidden cuff made of black, 100% worsted wool on a vintage tube loom with the weave graduating correctly from wide to narrow; cuff remains hidden up inside the sleeve to keep biting winds from rushing up the sleeve as well as precluding the chance the wool knit will snag on objects that normally would be a threat to knit cuffs exposed at the end of the sleeve. • A coin pocket is located on the left side of the jacket. • Hand-warmer pockets with vintage-style notched circular reinforcing tabs attached to the top and bottom portions of the pockets. • Custom manufacturing of vintage-style zipper with beaded-chain puller on right-side breast pocket. • Custom manufacturing of vintage-style urea cat’s-eye buttons in black with contrasting edges in copper-brown. Source: http://historypreservation.com Detail

NefariousSabatour

Reaction score
found this for 25 bucks at a military surplus store. took it to a leather shop to get the epaulet reattached for 7 bucks.

WIUAG.jpg

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pickup for 25 bones. Some leather conditioner on it would make it amazing.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Exalt
Since the topic is RO... If any of you know where I can grab a RO Exploder in size M, do tell.

I just sold one a month ago. I will let you know if the buyer tells me he wants to move it on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads