• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh come on that's like saying J-Lo has too much ass for you!! Or better yet, Shakira!
Shakira does have too much ass for me too handle.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would hope that they don't install full epaulets but rather sort of stunted ones, say an inch or so, then just lop off as much as they can close to the seam. So no actual, living epaulets would be harmed in the making of the jacket...

FWIW I don't care for epaulets on any item of clothing except maybe a classic Burberry trench. The full epaulet/belt DR brings back not so great memories of the heavy metal kids in my high school who wore them with Ozzy T-shirts. I do like minimalist DRs like that Addict.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Its been available at other retailers like Rivet and Hide (https://www.rivetandhide.com/shop/brands/fine-creek-leathers/fine-creek-leathers-leon-custom-2mm-horsehide-jacket.html?___store=eu_en). I guess it's a custom custom Leon.

The most important thing is that you're happy mate! Wear it in good health!
Well shit, I the pics don’t seem to have anything cut off so I guess there it is but why the heck have the belt loops on the jacket if the belt was never there

Oh come on that's like saying J-Lo has too much ass for you!! Or better yet, Shakira!
Shakira shakira (in wycliff voice)

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

qubed

Reaction score
Cutting off epaulettes is really no different than stone washing or ripping jeans in the factory. It’s artificial aging before retail and definitely not for everyone.

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cutting off epaulettes is really no different than stone washing or ripping jeans in the factory. It’s artificial aging before retail and definitely not for everyone.
maybe these days, but mods-as-new has been around a long time - think of cutting the arms off a type 3 denim jacket to make a vest, etc. those things were - often enough - done to a brand new garment

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the things is that this really isn't a case of artificial aging since the jacket is brand new and unworn everywhere else. The comparison to predistressed jeans, where the whole garment is made to look worn, doesn't really hold.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.