• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Self Edge has its pics up for the 3Sixteen jacket. Damn, I do NOT need another leather jacket. However, I do not own a cross-zip jacket. I say again...I do NOT need another leather jacket.

Everytime I even consider another jacket, I think about @dieworkwear's article. It haunts me.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Self Edge has its pics up for the 3Sixteen jacket. Damn, I do NOT need another leather jacket. However, I do not own a cross-zip jacket. I say again...I do NOT need another leather jacket.

Kiya: Come over.

Me: I can't

Kiya: I'm having an FCL trunk show

Me:

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The 3Sixteen makeups have some of the best, unique leathers I can remember seeing on DRs in recent memory. If you don't own an asymmetrical jacket already, this version is a pretty attractive option. Go on, you deserve it.

I generally prefer shorter jackets cause I like that "round top, slim pants" silhouette. But t-shirts can be pretty long nowadays and it can be hard to find tees that go with those kinds of jackets. If you wear regular tees, there can be a lot of shirt peeking out from beneath the jacket. I think that throws customers off more than having a longer DR.

FWIW, here's Brandon at 3sixteen wearing the same jacket from this season

Now that I look at the pics on other people, it doesn't look long at all. But I prefer shorter motos in general.

Looking forward to your new rap album, Lollipop - Round Top, Slim Pants

2caP.gif

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was very much looking forward to this 3sixteen release (Perfecto). But last night, when I put on my RO Stooges I stared into the mirror and realized that the general look between the two was extremely similar (a simplified DR). Yeah, I know it's a different leather but do I want to spend $$$ on a jacket that looks like something I already own?

Also, has any one heard of sizes available? I checked with both Snake Oil Provisions & Withered Fig - they both only received up to an L. As I recall, the last release (Roughout) went to an XXL.

EDIT: Looks like Blue Owl listed up to an XL for sizing purposes...so I'm assuming XL's were produced. That said, as an FYI, Snake Oil and Withered Fig only have up to an L available.

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was very much looking forward to this 3sixteen release (Perfecto). But last night, when I put on my RO Stooges I stared into the mirror and realized that the general look between the two was extremely similar (a simplified DR). Yeah, I know it's a different leather but do I want to spend $$$ on a jacket that looks like something I already own?

Also, has any one heard of sizes available? I checked with both Snake Oil Provisions & Withered Fig - they both only received up to an L. As I recall, the last release (Roughout) went to an XXL.

EDIT: Looks like Blue Owl listed up to an XL for sizing purposes...so I'm assuming XL's were produced. That said, as an FYI, Snake Oil and Withered Fig only have up to an L available.
They have the same general stat makeup but fits I've seen of the Stooges don't seem to wear/drape the same at all.

That's what I would tell myself/my wife if I really like it.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the new 3Sixteen Perfectos, why can't these stores' numbers ever match up? I've learned my lesson. I ain't buying anything I can't try on first.

Self Edge's measurements

Snake Oil Provision's measurements

Seriously, a 1.5" difference on sleeve lengths? A 1.25" difference on overall length? A 1" to 1.5" difference on shoulder width?

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that about this release. Literally none of the sites have the same sizing

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding the new 3Sixteen Perfectos, why can't these stores' numbers ever match up? I've learned my lesson. I ain't buying anything I can't try on first.

Self Edge's measurements
View attachment 1327669

Snake Oil Provision's measurements
View attachment 1327670

Seriously, a 1.5" difference on sleeve lengths? A 1.25" difference on overall length? A 1" to 1.5" difference on shoulder width?

Self Edge is nearly certainly measuring the back length.

The shouilders, across the back yoke, are about the same between the two sets of measurements for a size M. That's within the +/-0.5" of industry standards. I'm impressed, with the variability in human measurements, at how similar the measurements are. Chest is within an inch, which is also pretty decent. Sleeve length is incredibly difficult to measure exactly the same way between two people who have not practiced together.

Honestly, it's not so much about the exact measurements. The measurements that any store can possibly give can only provide a vague idea of whether the garment can possibly fit you. They give no idea of the shoulder slope, the sleeve pitch, the shape of the chest and back pieces, etc... which ultimately determine fit. Also, for leather, the material really does matter. If a Schott double rider fits you pretty well in your siz, a Schott jacket will probably continue to fit pretty well, especially after the break in period.

With something like a suit or a sports jacket, you have to hit a small target. It's going to fit off the bat, or not at all. Leather is forgiving. It stretches and conforms to your body with wear. Don't worry about a perfect fit. Shoot for a good fit. Something that makes you feel good when you put it on and look in the mirror. Don't overthink it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that about this release. Literally none of the sites have the same sizing
In addition to the considerable human error, a heavily milled leather is going to be a bit stretchy. You pull a bit, and I guarantee that you are going to be able to get +/- 0.25", the same person measuring.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it really depends on whether you measure before or after the dude flexes the cherry

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads