• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The markup is partially due to them being the exclusive distributor for fcl so they can protect their margins.
Except they’re not the exclusive distributor. Other companies sell FCL, like Franklin & Poe, Rivet & Hide, The Shop Vancouver, Butterscotch, etc. they’re all charging similar prices.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Except they’re not the exclusive distributor. Other companies sell FCL, like Franklin & Poe, Rivet & Hide, The Shop Vancouver, Butterscotch, etc. they’re all charging similar prices.
Exclusive in the USA probably? Idk who else carries FCL in the states.

Trit

Reaction score
I'm on vacation so I took my new shearling to a local chain leather shop, Tandy Leather, who I think are a decently big leather supply chain. The staff there was ultra helpful and were totally on board with my idea to put some cinch straps on the waist of my jacket. I spent $80 on tools and with absolutely zero leather working skill I made a couple straps and riveted them on. I screwed up the insertion on the back end so one is lower on the reverse but it really gets the job done. I'll head back there when I have another day off and see what I can do to clean up the edges and see how easy it is to pop off the rivets and re-align the strap on the back. The rivet holes I punched are extremely small so the damage to the jacket would be completely undetectable even if you were looking for the holes. An interesting experience, all in all. Definitely helps that it wasn't a $5000 jacket or something crazy.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exclusive in the USA probably? Idk who else carries FCL in the states.
Franklin & Poe had a jacket from FCL and Butterscotch....both US based. Jet was saying SE was the exclusive distributor when it’s clear they’re not. He didn’t say exclusive in the US either.

Trit

Reaction score
Thoughts on this Schott shearling ?

PERFECTO by SCHOTT N.Y.C. Biker jacketView attachment 1324174
I thought about that one a lot. It looks like a slimmer fit than a lot of the other models. Not that you want a slim Shearling but the blockiness of a lot of these brands actually hurts them as winter jackets in my case as it lets cold air up into the jacket from below. If they had that model with a hood in brown they would have had me.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I don't have a black shearling yet, this one looks really nice!!
From the tag, it looks like it’s from the perfecto line, which often uses nicer materials or are seasonal editions.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the measurements for FCL models posted somewhere? Looking for Falls Church measurements.

d4nimal

Reaction score
I'm on vacation so I took my new shearling to a local chain leather shop, Tandy Leather, who I think are a decently big leather supply chain. The staff there was ultra helpful and were totally on board with my idea to put some cinch straps on the waist of my jacket. I spent $80 on tools and with absolutely zero leather working skill I made a couple straps and riveted them on. I screwed up the insertion on the back end so one is lower on the reverse but it really gets the job done. I'll head back there when I have another day off and see what I can do to clean up the edges and see how easy it is to pop off the rivets and re-align the strap on the back. The rivet holes I punched are extremely small so the damage to the jacket would be completely undetectable even if you were looking for the holes. An interesting experience, all in all. Definitely helps that it wasn't a $5000 jacket or something crazy.

View attachment 1324438
When you suck it in for the weightwatchers before/after

WBaker

Reaction score
Cross post cause I have no self control.

Realized non black/brown leathers are fun to wear and tricky to find. Recently picked up a friend for me russet orange 5 zip.
Screenshot_20200126_170638.jpg

SS09 Petrol Cossack Jacket. Geller.
IMG_20190526_134433.jpg

SS08 Russet Five Zip. MMM.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need the internet to help me. I got to try on the Flat Head Delraiser at Self Edge. This feels good, but something is throwing me off...is it the shoulders? How does this look? I don’t think I can fit a size down, so hypothetically this would be the size I would choose. Thank you, internet.

Attachments

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 79 17.1%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 151 32.8%
  • 8”

Votes: 135 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 53 11.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 9 2.0%