• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tman87

Reaction score
Well this is definitely the nicest leather jacket I've seen in person. Schott 641 horsehide. Thoughts on fit?
pretty disappointed in the fit of this Aero Cafe Racer... got it for $760 from their stock options, but the shoulders are bigger than listed, it wrinkles funny up top, and the biceps are kinda huge. Don't love the soft italian leather-has a few small defects and seems fragile. Size 36

Attachments

• IMG_5587.jpeg
    IMG_5587.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_5591.jpeg
    IMG_5591.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_5601.jpeg
    IMG_5601.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_5617.jpeg
    IMG_5617.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_5622.jpeg
    IMG_5622.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5631.jpeg
    IMG_5631.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 138

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pretty disappointed in the fit of this Aero Cafe Racer... got it for $760 from their stock options, but the shoulders are bigger than listed, it wrinkles funny up top, and the biceps are kinda huge. Don't love the soft italian leather-has a few small defects and seems fragile. Size 36
That's not the right jacket for you. Sorry man.

But your subway tile is really nice.

paulib

Reaction score
Hello together,

I just entered this forum 2 days ago and than i found this thread. I love leather Jackets , because you can wear them nearly to all of your outfits, they are timeless and they can make you look very elegant.

i bought both jackets from clothsurgeon (https://www.instagram.com/clothsurgeon/?hl=de) and i payed for each jacket about 1000 Euro

I bought the biker jacket 4 Years ago, I had to wait 20 days for it, because it was specially made for me. The quality is so nice , you have a detachable fur collar (for the winter) and it feels just amazing, every time when i am wearing the jacket.

The other one is a shearling jacket and the quality is amazing too. That jacket is so ******* warm, more warm than a woolrich arctic parka. You won't ever feel cold in that jacket.

I never bought a leather jacket from Valentino, Givenchy or Saint Laurent and I never will, because I think they cant beat This small Brand from UK in Design, Quality and Price ( if I
am wrong just tell me)

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you.

If anybody see it available somewhere, please share :)

PME Legend

Reaction score
It might be the subzero temps talking, but shearling is seriously the greatest and always I wish I could have more if it.
You're damn right, and the other guy too, shearling rules indeed! Got three of 'em so far and allways open to get an other one, just love to wear those things with just a t-shirt underneath..

But first upcomming buy this year will be in februari. A Schott perfecto. Gonna go get it in Paris, in a Schott store, but i think they don't have the same expanded collection as Schott nyc.. not sure. DOES ANYBODY KNOW? And also, horshide or steerhide..pro's and con's? Thx ahead

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The shoulders are less a problem here than the length of the body and sleeve, which are both too short.

If you like the fit through the chest on the cafe racer, try the Board Racer in a size 38 with a little more length than the cafe racer you are wearing. Board generally fits a size small than cafe, but the shoulders will be narrower.

vespertiliovir

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@#dadcore how would you describe Todd Snyder sizing? Did you go TTS on the Todd Snyder you own, and, if so, was it the right move? I like the look of that grey shearling a lot but I’m nervous about final sale and frustrated by the dearth of sizing info on their website.

#dadcore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t own that jacket but in my experience with other clothes from Todd Snyder they all fit pretty true to size in a mildly slim manner fairly standard to modern mainstream clothes. Size up if you want a little more room.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads