• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@jaywhyy so Grose Manila in size 42 I get about 10" across for the arm hole and 8" for the bicep (at 2" down from the seam). Lewis Europa in size 40 is about 1/2" smaller for both measurements. Caveat is that I'm not entirely sure how accurate my arm hole measurements are since that's kind of a complex shape.

1/2" seems like a lot of difference actually, but that's what I get.

Trying them both on, the Lewis is noticeably slimmer than the Grose.

Noted you asked in the NMWA thread as well, and they are likely to be able to give you a more accurate figure for the Grose.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Relatedly, that aforementioned Junya x Vanson (eYe reissue) is now on BST for anyone interested.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
The JG brown suede came in today, absolutely beautiful jacket but I don't know what's up with the front double zip. Top pull tracks unevenly consistently and thusly is now jammed and going back. Never had this issue with zippers before :/

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The JG brown suede came in today, absolutely beautiful jacket but I don't know what's up with the front double zip. Top pull tracks unevenly consistently and thusly is now jammed and going back. Never had this issue with zippers before :/
Hmm... that’s not good. Zipper may be defective or something. Did you let us know about the zipper when you sent it back? I want to make sure we don’t ship it to the next customer if there’s something wrong with it.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Hmm... that’s not good. Zipper may be defective or something. Did you let us know about the zipper when you sent it back? I want to make sure we don’t ship it to the next customer if there’s something wrong with it.
I did mention it. I left it stuck as well, did not want to force the issue and ruin it if I'm just stupid and it's a simple fix/repair on your side.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
On a semi-related note, still experienced the pet peeve of my shirt sleeve not fitting thru the armhole. Likely just a consequence of cowhide and slim fit. With that said, anyone have suggestions on designers that have larger armholes lol

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On a semi-related note, still experienced the pet peeve of my shirt sleeve not fitting thru the armhole. Likely just a consequence of cowhide and slim fit. With that said, anyone have suggestions on designers that have larger armholes lol
Shoot. Too bad about that Grose. The suede is really nice, right?

But the arm holes were still too small for you, huh? Lewis definitely not in the cards then I think.

Where are you geographically (more or less)? Seems like getting to try some stuff on easily would be good. Might also be some options for just actually getting an MTM jacket, if you can be sure the arms are going to work.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Shoot. Too bad about that Grose. The suede is really nice, right?

But the arm holes were still too small for you, huh? Lewis definitely not in the cards then I think.

Where are you geographically (more or less)? Seems like getting to try some stuff on easily would be good. Might also be some options for just actually getting an MTM jacket, if you can be sure the arms are going to work.
Easily the best suede I've handled on a jacket. NGL pretty bummed about it lol

Im in the midwest, may try Falcon or a 5-zip, though the non-MRS ones run slim too. Wish NMWA stocked a 44 (or even a 46) this year, but I'm sure they had their reasons

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Easily the best suede I've handled on a jacket. NGL pretty bummed about it lol

Im in the midwest, may try Falcon or a 5-zip, though the non-MRS ones run slim too. Wish NMWA stocked a 44 (or even a 46) this year, but I'm sure they had their reasons
We definitely stocked 44. Not sure of it sold or isn’t showing for another reason. We’ll check the rack

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.6%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 154 32.0%
  • 8”

Votes: 140 29.0%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 54 11.2%
  • 9”

Votes: 24 5.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.3%