• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

d4nimal

Reaction score
In far less interesting but more immediately actionable news, I moderately-like this Schott x Sophnet rider that's currently on sale (yet still far more expensive than a standard Schott) at Haven:

Basically seems to be a pretty standard DR shape, but stripped down and made up in sheep.
Only way to beat the 5 zip is to make a 6 zip.

I don't really care for this, though. It may be partly the direct flash or the fit pic, all the zippers, the way the "belt" section seems wider on the left than the right (in multiple pics).

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking further, I like it a bit better in Sophnet's own shots, but maybe it's just a little bleh?

My guess is it'll probably look decent in a lot of fits, great in a couple, but is probably the best choice for few.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Only way to beat the 5 zip is to make a 6 zip.

I don't really care for this, though. It may be partly the direct flash or the fit pic, all the zippers, the way the "belt" section seems wider on the left than the right (in multiple pics).
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) It's because he's
┳┻| ⊂ノ wearing it closed
┻┳|

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what dyeing process is used for Margiela calfskin and if it will darken with wear? I got an unworn burgundy 5 zip from 2012 recently and I really wish it were a few shades darker and with more reddish tones.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what dyeing process is used for Margiela calfskin and if it will darken with wear? I got an unworn burgundy 5 zip from 2012 recently and I really wish it were a few shades darker and with more reddish tones.
The process is selling it to me/swapping for my Schneider wares

Imyouricecreamman

Reaction score
I have a jacket in burgundy horsehide which sat in the shop as a test jacket for a couple of years and that has darkened significantly with time as it's much lighter in color under the collar and on the inside panels. There are a couple of japanese makers who dye or even paint the jackets with great results.

MGoCrimson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The process is selling it to me/swapping for my Schneider wares
It’s actually less saturated in color, more purple, much less red than the photo I posted in the recent purchases thread. Gonna drop by a leather guy and see what can be done or test a bit of conditioner on the inside.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s actually less saturated in color, more purple, much less red than the photo I posted in the recent purchases thread. Gonna drop by a leather guy and see what can be done or test a bit of conditioner on the inside.
I'm getting ready to wash my zam to shrink it

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.