1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

Unless that angle is deceiving, the sign looks 7 feet tall, Luda is like 5 feet tall, well played.

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

3. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

Screenshot_20190117-090815_Instagram.jpg

I would wear the f*ck out of that

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Stronghold LA seems to have a selection of Lewis Leathers in stock. Mostly black, mostly sheepskin.

Like this. Not bad.
    upload_2019-1-17_8-12-2.jpeg

5. nyarkies

nyarkies Distinguished Member

I've always liked Incarnation's fur/shearling lined jackets. The problem is getting them in bigger sizes. You very rarely see them carried by stockists outside of Japan. The sizes the Japan stockists carry only fit S and XS.

6. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

1. Listing each brand in your webshop with the date they were founded is a little tryhard
    2. So how would a sheep Lewis compare to a sheep Addict?

7. FrankCowperwood

Haha is that what those numbers are? Didn’t put that together.

Addict’s reference seems to be Lewis. I recall many of the vintage jackets they feature are Lewis. Don’t know how they compare for construction etc. Lewis is a solid jacket. I don’t think Lewis sheepskin is tea core. Though I have seen it’s navy sheepskin called “overdyed.”

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

Incarnation looks cool, handled it the archive several times. I really liked a dual zip rider they had a while back but it’s no where to be found now. Also their retail vs second hand price makes it almost painful to buy IMO.

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

@FrankCowperwood idk man, jacket looks ok but I have a feeling the leather is gonna be ultra thin and disappointing

10. FrankCowperwood

Hmmm. IDK. Should be 2.75 to 3 oz. Lewis says their leathers are 1.1 to 1.3 mm. Their horsehide is nice though definitely midweigt.

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

Would love to check it in person somewhere

12. patrick_b

patrick_b Distinguished Member

The beauty of Horween/Aero FQHH CXL is more evident every day. Even though it's virtually waterproof and heavy AF, it shows age so quickly. As posted previously, I intentionally tried to speed up the break-in process but I've only owned it a week. Been wearing several hours a day and the sleeve creases set immediately and pop like crazy. When I tried to wet the sleeves with a spray bottle, I couldn't get the water to penetrate the leather. It took an ungodly amount of spraying to finally dampen it to the touch. I understand why CXL is the perfect leather for riding.

I didn't take a before pic but the first image here is from the ebay auction, second image taken today.

002.jpg

2019-01-18 09.36.46.jpg

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019

13. patrick_b

patrick_b Distinguished Member

This being a "Blue Label" jacket, I've been trying the identify the faults. I've found a couple of items that may qualify but nothing that bothers me a bit.

Most noticeable is the uneven kidney panel. You can see it's not parallel to the bottom hem.

2019-01-14 14.22.08b.jpg

Next is a bit of loose grain on the front that is evident when new but not as much once broken in.

002b.jpg

2019-01-18 09.36.46b.jpg

I may be missing a few spots but there is nothing present that bothers me. I don't expect it to compromise durability or wearability. Blue label jackets usually sell for just $100 or so less that first quality, so if you can find one pre-owned they are a steal.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

15. Understatesman

Understatesman Senior Member