1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

2. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

DBF's shearlings are $900, too.

3. gfmozart

gfmozart Distinguished Member

You could top up 200 bucks for a full coat
    AF341CAA-8852-486C-A4EB-9E92690ACEA0.jpeg

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

@KPDarb, @patrick_b that absolutely sucks IMHO. I bet it has to do with the reselling items having custom measurements that aren't a perfect fit.

5. LA Guy

Also nice, but not as rugged. I realize that's not Deborah's deal, but it is mine!

6. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Mahatma Jawndi Dubiously Honored

Montblanc’s creative director Zaim Kamal

Dwnt758WkAExDxR.jpg

7. hoodog

hoodog Distinguished Member

8. PbgGuy

PbgGuy Well-Known Member

@sinnedk and @Bullitt - Thank you both for the excellent feedback! I am leaning Aero custom and would love to visit the Seattle store, but I'm across the country in Raleigh and don't have a legit reason to visit there. Of course, one could make the argument that a custom leather jacket would qualify as a legit reason lol!

Anyway, many thanks and have a great weekend!

9. LA Guy

I dunno. Adding the motorcycle here just seems to try-hard.

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

He's also got that Goo Goo Dolls haircut, but hey, he's doing him I guess.

I do love how that Margiela (?) is not cut to be skin tight. Shoulder seams not right on the shoulder for him, body looks like it has plenty of room, and the sleeves aren't hugging the wrists. Regis has a MMM leather that fits like this. Like it.

In other news, so I think I can concentrate all of my Type 1 trucker/rough out/five zip wanting on a trying to visit Johnson Leathers. They seem to be open to pretty much whatever on top of their patterns (which there seem to be more of than shown on their site). I may be setting myself up for sticker shock, but we'll find out about that. Thinking I may be able to visit in October of this year, which is also a good way to set a goal and defer any impulse purchases.

@PbgGuy makes much more sense to just get a fit jacket from Thurston Bros. if you want to go that route. Would be fun to visit, but without another reason for being out there anyway, it doesn't make much sense.

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

@FrankCowperwood i’m pretty sure of that JL Will come out way cheaper than Aero.

@dieworkwear that photo looks so forced

Also that dude would look much better with the helmet on

12. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

sort of ex-post one of the thrifters turned up with one of these, i think this is simply the greatest iteration of a type 3 that i've seen (not least for the incredible sympathy between the hide and pattern pieces!)

https://www.berluti.com/en-us/python-jacket/146433.html

python-jacket-noir-berluti_01.jpg

13. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

Haider's work at Berluti was fantastic. (I think that was still him...he had a couple other phenomenal truckers) I'm not surprised he didn't last long - I don't think the typical Berluti customer has any tolerance for fashion-forwardness - but it really cemented his talent in my mind.

If I was a rich douche who wanted to look like a rich douche, I might wear nothing but Haider / Haider's Berluti.

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Social Startup Idea! Let's make jackets from invasive Burmese pythons taken from Florida. Should be an endless supply of materials.

15. patrick_b

patrick_b Distinguished Member

I'm not much of a fit pic kinda guy but just wanted to share some evolution pics of the ELMC Californian in American walnut. Eastman's Italian HH is a mid-weight leather close to Vicenza in weight/thickness (so I've read). Sleeves are creasing quicker than I anticipated and the grain is coming out tremendously. I've been wearing it a few hours a day. For reference, I'm on the fatty fat fat side at 5'11", 200lbs. This is a 46L which adds about an inch to the sleeves and body. For a pre-owned jacket, I couldn't be happier.

2019-01-11 14.02.13.jpg 2019-01-11 14.02.26.jpg 2019-01-11 14.03.13.jpg

2019-01-11 14.01.28.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019