• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, someone should buy this for $680 https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/our_legacy/shearling-bomber-jacket/1067388
1067388_mrp_in_l.jpg

PbgGuy

Reaction score
@sinnedk and @Bullitt - Thank you both for the excellent feedback! I am leaning Aero custom and would love to visit the Seattle store, but I'm across the country in Raleigh and don't have a legit reason to visit there. Of course, one could make the argument that a custom leather jacket would qualify as a legit reason lol!

Anyway, many thanks and have a great weekend!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He's also got that Goo Goo Dolls haircut, but hey, he's doing him I guess.

I do love how that Margiela (?) is not cut to be skin tight. Shoulder seams not right on the shoulder for him, body looks like it has plenty of room, and the sleeves aren't hugging the wrists. Regis has a MMM leather that fits like this. Like it.

In other news, so I think I can concentrate all of my Type 1 trucker/rough out/five zip wanting on a trying to visit Johnson Leathers. They seem to be open to pretty much whatever on top of their patterns (which there seem to be more of than shown on their site). I may be setting myself up for sticker shock, but we'll find out about that. Thinking I may be able to visit in October of this year, which is also a good way to set a goal and defer any impulse purchases.

@PbgGuy makes much more sense to just get a fit jacket from Thurston Bros. if you want to go that route. Would be fun to visit, but without another reason for being out there anyway, it doesn't make much sense.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haider's work at Berluti was fantastic. (I think that was still him...he had a couple other phenomenal truckers) I'm not surprised he didn't last long - I don't think the typical Berluti customer has any tolerance for fashion-forwardness - but it really cemented his talent in my mind.

If I was a rich douche who wanted to look like a rich douche, I might wear nothing but Haider / Haider's Berluti.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not much of a fit pic kinda guy but just wanted to share some evolution pics of the ELMC Californian in American walnut. Eastman's Italian HH is a mid-weight leather close to Vicenza in weight/thickness (so I've read). Sleeves are creasing quicker than I anticipated and the grain is coming out tremendously. I've been wearing it a few hours a day. For reference, I'm on the ***** fat fat side at 5'11", 200lbs. This is a 46L which adds about an inch to the sleeves and body. For a pre-owned jacket, I couldn't be happier.

2019-01-11 14.02.13.jpg
2019-01-11 14.02.26.jpg
2019-01-11 14.03.13.jpg

2019-01-11 14.01.28.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads