Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. nerazzurri

nerazzurri Senior member

that looks horrible.

how so? [​IMG]

2. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

it looks like a homeless person rolled around in it for the better part of three decades. The patina or whatever you want to call it now just looks like destruction, and the cut on you looks big and unflattering. If you did roll around in that jacket while you were homeless I'd say keep it for the memories, but dear god for your sake don't try to impress anyone with that jacket. Time to invest in some new leather son!

3. Donut

Donut Senior member

Damn i really like that mixed fabric jacket.

4. nerazzurri

nerazzurri Senior member

it looks like a homeless person rolled around in it for the better part of three decades. The patina or whatever you want to call it now just looks like destruction, and the cut on you looks big and unflattering. If you did roll around in that jacket while you were homeless I'd say keep it for the memories, but dear god for your sake don't try to impress anyone with that jacket. Time to invest in some new leather son!

nah i like it, im going to oil treat it and then itll look 100x better[​IMG]

hatersgunahate.jpg[​IMG]

5. jpb

jpb Well-Known Member

Do the thickness of the Rick leather differ between s/s and f/w?

I would only assume the ss ones are 'thinner'. Wonder if they could stand through Toronto fall/winters.

I wear my RO with a BBS boiled wool vest over the top, works fine down to - 7 or 8 C.

6. DLester

DLester Senior member

nah i like it, im going to oil treat it and then itll look 100x better[​IMG]

hatersgunahate.jpg[​IMG]

sorry that is garbage. I don't care who made it or how old it is.

there is a pen stain on the front pocket, so I do not see a lot of potential to improve its looks.

go ahead and polish that turd if you want.

7. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

i have to admit i am slightly curious what that will look like afterward though.

8. nerazzurri

nerazzurri Senior member

i have to admit i am slightly curious what that will look like afterward though.

true, anything to make moLester rage [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

..... k nvm in other news i just made a big leather purchase. be excited [​IMG]

10. sshum

sshum Active Member

Yes the thickness does differ between ss and fw as RO does use/offer different leathers in those seasons. He offered kangaroo in his ss line last year but that doesn't carry over into fw.

I own 2 ro oiled calf from fw10 (intarsia high, stooges) and these are what I wear through the T.O fall/winters. They are the most substantial leathers I've handled for a while from ro. I'm just not a Canada Goose type of guy.

I just sold my fw08 funnel neck which was a hammered lamb, considerably lighter in weight. I would have kept it but 3 leathers is too many in my closet.

Do the thickness of the Rick leather differ between s/s and f/w?

I would only assume the ss ones are 'thinner'. Wonder if they could stand through Toronto fall/winters.

11. 5tan

5tan Senior member

Thanks for all the info guys. I guess I'll wait it out till f/w releases.
    Glad to have your input especially sshum since you are from here. I'm not a CG guy either, lol, I only kept mine for a week, glad I got a vendor discount.

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r73285216

I know this is not everyone's cup of tea but I absolutely love the style of this and would love to find out more about this company
    [​IMG]

Did you find this on my board? haha

Unfortunately I don't know anything about this brand. Never heard of it till I saw this. Don't know if I like it but it's certainly interesting.

13. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

yes I did haha. the reason it stuck out to me is because Julian Casablancas has one that looks very similar and I never thought I'd find a brand name to that design [​IMG] [​IMG] Also I have a question have you ever seen any real life photos of the AZ double rider that comes in black / grey / red???

14. kvnknrd

kvnknrd Senior member

Lets say I wanted to order this jacket
    http://zozo.jp/shop/white/goods.html?c=Goods&gid=723416
    how would I go about doing so when they dont ship to USA??? Would I end up paying just as much for a middle man as I would for the jacket??? How much do online japanese shopping services cost?