• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buzz McCoy

Reaction score
IMG_7618.JPG

Maple, Cougar,, Brad, Hero in Bison. I own other brands too, but Belstaff (Melenotti era) are my favorite. Looking to add a Panther someday.
IMG_7618.JPG

Solverson

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Aeroleather compared to Schott made in USA in terms of quality?

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Aeroleather compared to Schott made in USA in terms of quality?

I'd say go with whichever you prefer in terms of fit, styling, and choice of hides. I might give Aero a slight edge based on what I've handled in person, but at that level neither will be lacking from a quality perspective.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hardware is a little better, and the leather used generally has more character. The actual construction is comparable, with Schott being possibly a little better finished. The real reason to buy Aero is that the jackets have a lot of distinctive and attractive look and feel.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
What's your opinion on this Paul Smith (Made in Italy) bomber? Just received it from Yoox on sale for around $700 shipped. It seems to be a quality piece with RiRi zipper. Sizing is spot on and fits me like a glove. Unfortunately, part of the sleeves is made of cotton. The cotton areas have some pilling already on arrival. Should I keep it or not? Thanks.

paul smith.JPG

Last edited:

Buzz McCoy

Reaction score
I would send it back and get a refund. Just picture how those sleeves would look in a year of wear. It looks very cool and stylish but obviously it's unpractical.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of a crappy mirror pic, but I decided to keep that All Saints jacket I posted before. Wore it out for the first time last night and I got nothing but compliments from my mom, girlfriend and all of my friends all night so I've decided it's a keeper haha

20180826_194945.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not menswear, but some great looking women's pieces.

Balenciaga shearling aviator fw04

balenciaga shearling10.jpg
balenciaga shearling12.jpg
balenciaga shearling13.jpg
balenciaga shearling1.png
d4abb37df15c00a229c132918a8010b2.jpg

And Acne shearling Velocite jacket for fw18. Prob the closest these next few posts will get to menswear inspo.

182129F064007_1.jpg

182129F064007_2.jpg

182129F064007_4.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics