• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You are joking right? It’s pieced together from multiple panels with a bunch of random pieces and seams... this jigsaw puzzle. same go for the boots.

leon-emanuel-blanck distortion leather jacket-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You are joking right? It’s pieced together from multiple panels with a bunch of random pieces and seams... this jigsaw puzzle.

https://www.fascinate.jp/media/wysiwyg/milano/blogimage2/leon-emanuel-blanck distortion leather jacket-1.jpg
this is neither honest or respectful
his jacket are not "pieced" together.........do you understand the concept of his work?

I know its not for everyone, but he uses predominantly Guidi leather and uses a specific pattern making technique, its not from "random pieces of leather"

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Zamb thats how i see it, take it or leave it.
fine
one can see a thing in a certain way, doesnt mean the perspective you have is accurate.
Accuracy/ truth is important to me. In this specific case I understand the way he works and have seen numerous of his jackets/ patterns up close and I'm just simply correcting you that this position is not in line with the truth.

I mean if you want to hold to your position in the face of my correction its fine, its your prerogative. I cant force you one way or the other

navetsea

Reaction score
from Thurston IG Custom Aero Board Racer in Dark Seal Vicenza with an Aberdeen tartan lining... what i'm looking at

SdcKY4q.png

x7q3Vcj.png

fzwG1e1.png

fmPLDI1.png
I'll probably delete the handwarmers and ask for more exposed zipper teeth/ thinner trim since more exposed zipper operates smoother and the thinner trim looks neater and won't get accidentally caught by the zipper, and symmetrical collar (not straight up on one end and the other end with a tab like that), and leather facing around the hem on the lining side or at least on the back (inside kidney panel) I don't know how robust that fabrics is but constant abrasion against belt or pants waistband would fray it I imagine.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
fine
one can see a thing in a certain way, doesnt mean the perspective you have is accurate.
Accuracy/ truth is important to me. In this specific case I understand the way he works and have seen numerous of his jackets/ patterns up close and I'm just simply correcting you that this position is not in line with the truth.

I mean if you want to hold to your position in the face of my correction its fine, its your prerogative. I cant force you one way or the other

@Zamb, as I've mentioned many times before, it is useless arguing with sinnedk. He is literally (and yes, I do mean literally) incapable of seeing anything outside of his own limited scope.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Zamb, as I've mentioned many times before, it is useless arguing with sinnedk. He is literally (and yes, I do mean literally) incapable of seeing anything outside of his own limited scope.
well Im not gonna argue with him, I just think he is misrepresenting the truth in order to get across on skeen.
Its all good, he said "take it or leave it" so im gonna leave it.........LOL

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
what does "dark seal" and "vicenza" imply?

Yeah that tartan lining is pretty ******* stupid but at least nobody can see it most of the time - sort of like the "fun socks" of the leather jacket world

And I hope you can plier off those zip pulls

Fit/shape looks trim though.

my dude you speak from your anus.

tartan lining is classic for that style of jacket, as are the pulls. most of the current jacket manufacturers in that style (aero, vanson, goodwear et al) are either getting close to, or nailing an exact replica of jackets from the past. hence the styles of the leather, colors, linings, pulls, etc. saying that something is pretty ******* stupid, without having any knowledge of why it is the way it is, shows great ignorance. as they say, better to be quiet and have people think you're stupid, than open your mouth and confirm it for them.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fine

I didn't do it to get at skeen at all. Thats how i see the jacket. I never liked it in fact i've been openly critical of it since its conception or when it was shown on sf first. I just don't like it and that fair. I specifically don't like it because of the multiple panels being put together like that. This has 0 to do within understanding how he makes things. It has to do with me not liking what he does. Its a personal taste Z. You can argue all you want about me misunderstanding his vision but at the end of the day if i don't like the way something looks i can state that.

@skeen7908 wasn't stabbing at you, i was just saying we have different tastes in the same demeanor you commented.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I didn't do it to get at skeen at all. Thats how i see the jacket. I never liked it in fact i've been openly critical of it since its conception or when it was shown on sf first. I just don't like it and that fair. I specifically don't like it because of the multiple panels being put together like that. This has 0 to do within understanding how he makes things. It has to do with me not liking what he does. Its a personal taste Z. You can argue all you want about me misunderstanding his vision but at the end of the day if i don't like the way something looks i can state that.

@skeen7908 wasn't stabbing at you, i was just saying we have different tastes in the same demeanor you commented.
its fair is you dont like it, and no one expects you to feign interest in something you dont like
but thats not what you are doing, you are referring to it as something which it isnt, which is different from not liking it
I dont like the work of Dries Van Noten as something i'd wear, it doesn't mean i am going to dismiss it and refer to it with inaccurate descriptions which is what you did
Personal taste is something different from discussing the merits of a thing. LEB is my friend, I would not wear the jacket you posted, Its not for me, I like cleaner simpler leathers, it doesn't mean that i dont see it as a great jacket with a well thought out concept and execution. One should be able to assess a judge design outside of ones personal taste

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't like the LEB jacket either which is why I thought it was odd

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeap i want something different that i can wear everyday. i actually don't wear all black in general.

Ah I see, didn't realise you bought it already. Should look cool with some blue jeans and a white tee. I always associated you with all black looks for some reason.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads