• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gustin jacket looks great. Disagree with the comments about the back. Not everything needs darting/skin cling contours

NGOStudio

Reaction score
an alternative to that Gustin from Aero, but clearly more cost of acquisition :(
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2212
18534bb937dc3c1_August front-500.jpg
710534bb97227b6a_August front close-500.jpg

n-domino

Reaction score
Good choice :cool2:

Going to make any modifications to it or keep it stock? Can't go wrong either way.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
an alternative to that Gustin from Aero, but clearly more cost of acquisition :(
http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=2212
View attachment 909391 View attachment 909392

Good Find! Yes, I thought my Schott 530 would scratch my leather jacket itch for something in light/medium brown....but alas, it has not.

What is most interesting heretofore is that we all essentially agree that Aero is the standard sartorial expression of a gentleman's leather jacket!

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still like the Gustin

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good choice :cool2:

Going to make any modifications to it or keep it stock? Can't go wrong either way.

i mean from the pics i have of it (https://imgur.com/a/OMUos not mine) the jacket will have slanted chest pockets, tartan light wool lining, dark seal vicenza leather, bronze/gold zip pulls, i'll probably extend length of arms and body a bit depending on the fit of the jacket. the only thing that annoys me is its not a 2 way zip but i rarely sit with a zipped up jacket anyways...

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ime 2-way zippers can catch when unzipping if the bottom zip gets out-of-place. at least i know that i've had to take a moment to 'correct' the bottom pull prior to completing the unzipping process. i think it's really funny that it's become a thing in here. particularly for shorter blouson-type jackets (aviators, eisenhower, etc) i'd much rather have the one-way deal and i don't see the 2-way as particularly elegant. my unsolicited $.02.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
ime 2-way zippers can catch when unzipping if the bottom zip gets out-of-place. at least i know that i've had to take a moment to 'correct' the bottom pull prior to completing the unzipping process. i think it's really funny that it's become a thing in here. particularly for shorter blouson-type jackets (aviators, eisenhower, etc) i'd much rather have the one-way deal and i don't see the 2-way as particularly elegant. my unsolicited $.02.

From my experience, I agree that one way is better for everyone. 2-way can be a pain if you’re in a rush or forcefully handle it. But it could be some guys’ joy to fool around while idling, just like a flip phone. Anybody still has one like me :p

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads