• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
Just got this Blackmeans piece from Mr. P. Gotta say I get the hype.

8583a778196a70af44c8532b35ab1b46.jpg

(I'd always wear it unzipped like this, except with the snaps down):
b63ba89ba09d32219739a6a392260ab6--quilted-leather-leather-biker-jackets.jpg

Seriously thick suede that has to be calf, feels like it could shrug off anything. Even the lining is satin, but it's got a herringbone weave so it feels a lot rougher and more substantial than most satin linings. Definitely my favorite biker I've laid hands on, though I'm still not entirely sure I can pull off a biker at all.

Why not, just do it the way you like and see through it. Maybe you change your mind afterward maybe not :)

that rlpl is meh at best

Could say the same about Stoffa or Brunello Cucinelli ;)

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this Blackmeans piece from Mr. P. Gotta say I get the hype.

8583a778196a70af44c8532b35ab1b46.jpg

(I'd always wear it unzipped like this, except with the snaps down):
b63ba89ba09d32219739a6a392260ab6--quilted-leather-leather-biker-jackets.jpg

Seriously thick suede that has to be calf, feels like it could shrug off anything. Even the lining is satin, but it's got a herringbone weave so it feels a lot rougher and more substantial than most satin linings. Definitely my favorite biker I've laid hands on, though I'm still not entirely sure I can pull off a biker at all.

Those Blackmeans pieces sure looked like a steal, though I thought Blackmeans was supposed to be all about the weathering/distressing/Punk vibe, like they did with their Sid Vicious jacket. That's one thing I didn't get about the Mr. P stuff from Blackmeans, is it all looked more "generic." Not in a bad way, as I like the aesthetic, but I'm not sure I got what made these Blackmeans.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
Those Blackmeans pieces sure looked like a steal, though I thought Blackmeans was supposed to be all about the weathering/distressing/Punk vibe, like they did with their Sid Vicious jacket. That's one thing I didn't get about the Mr. P stuff from Blackmeans, is it all looked more "generic." Not in a bad way, as I like the aesthetic, but I'm not sure I got what made these Blackmeans.

$$$ :)

styleforumfan

Reaction score
Any thoughts on this Acne Acro leather jacket? I like the fit of it but not too sure about the leather as it's a little stiff and the overall quality (made in Portugal). Thanks.

815931_mrp_in_xxl.jpg

815931_mrp_ou_xxl.jpg

815931_mrp_fr_xxl.jpg

815931_mrp_bk_xxl.jpg

815931_mrp_e1_xxl.jpg

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sending the Blackmeans back because it didn't quite fit me the way I wanted it to, and after comparing it to my Stooges I think I like traditional riders more than riders with the band collar. I'll still post some pics I took in a bit, though, because it really is a fantastic jacket. I'll just be getting something from Falcon instead.

Unrelated: I noticed you can now buy some Addict jackets through Farfetch. They all look absolutely phenomenal. Got me thinking about getting a leather collared moto like this one again...

12108526_10411311_1000.jpg

NycLondon

Reaction score
While I posted pictures a while back, the Schott NYC Retro North Country Car Coat has been utterly amazing and I have never owned a leather coat that smells anywhere close to a leathery as it as well. Puts my multiple pairs of Wolverine CXL boots to shame in aroma, but that might simply be due to surface area.

Regardless, I have had countless people commend about just how much of leather it truly does smell. The Band of Outsiders Lambskin Anorak comes a close second and would be the perfect jacket if not for the kinda funky thick string around the almost bottom of the jacket.

Schott Model 569

Band of Outsiders Leather Anorak
Schott wins hands down in my opinion. I visited their store recently, I got the impression a jacket would last forever!

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
acne jacket is super duper cool. love the collar, the color, the asymmetry, button closure. errythang.

i would think it would be less stiff with use. Portugal wouldn't be an issue for me.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
acne jacket is super duper cool. love the collar, the color, the asymmetry, button closure. errythang.

i would think it would be less stiff with use. Portugal wouldn't be an issue for me.

I have some concern about Acne quality after reading this thread on the Gibson jacket. Not sure if it was BS. One poster said his jacket was already falling apart after a couple of months.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/opinions-on-quality-of-acne-leather-jackets.507876/

NGOStudio

Reaction score
I have some concern about Acne quality after reading this thread on the Gibson jacket. Not sure if it was BS. One poster said his jacket was already falling apart after a couple of months.

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/opinions-on-quality-of-acne-leather-jackets.507876/

Yep, I got two for my girl in the past and they both age miserably. The leather top-grain comes off like dried paper, the seam pop here and there. Both are their iconic design so I'm not very keen on their quality. Many fashion houses have recently adopted bonded leather in jacketmaking (foam-like structure, look substantial but very lightweight; Neil Barrett uses this material a lot). I think it's something to do with the aesthetic and design purpose instead of cost. On the other hand, it's common theme that nowadays companies do not want to make everlasting objects.

If it is the best Musk must make it

I think it's Margiela 5-zip moto jakcet, probably in classic cut made of calfskin.

Sending the Blackmeans back because it didn't quite fit me the way I wanted it to, and after comparing it to my Stooges I think I like traditional riders more than riders with the band collar. I'll still post some pics I took in a bit, though, because it really is a fantastic jacket. I'll just be getting something from Falcon instead.

Unrelated: I noticed you can now buy some Addict jackets through Farfetch. They all look absolutely phenomenal. Got me thinking about getting a leather collared moto like this one again...

12108526_10411311_1000.jpg

Very nice recreated job on classic designs. But for the pricepoint and better leather quality, maybe you should check out www.selfedge.com, they indeed have some interesting quality pieces over there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads