• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spoon

Reaction score
ok I've just recently pulled out my burberry moto jacket from several years ago as I've just lost weight
and am able to use it again.despite what they say about burberry i find that at least this particular jacket
is all business. its nice and heavy, has blacked out heavy duty zippers and is slim fitting. I've tried the more
recent leather jackets from burberry and the washed lambskin is not to my liking( trendy) and will get old fast.

I've recently owned acne jeans (3 to be exact), sandro, the Kooples, Belstaff, TOJ and most recently a balmain.
I've all sold them and kept this burberry brit. its not even a prorsum but I'm very happy with this. i have tried on the
one with stainless hardware but prefer the stealth of the black.

may not be your style but the quality is there!

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burberry and Schott both look great. Always really liked the styling of those Burberry jackets.

Had a Toj calf MDR for years that never really seemed to break in. I've been through a lot of DRs, and the only one I've ever really been content with is my Schott 519

Ended up grabbing one of the lucky brand x Schott jackets. Likely going back only because I can't see myself wearing it over my 519. If anyone's interested, its a large

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mickeypunch also looks good but when I had the toj moto in calf it was super stiff, wondering if that's the same case for falcon. If so idk if I can handle it.
It´s stiff as hell, and I love it. According to Charly it´s the same old calf from TOJ days.

It´s a bit like raw denim.

I really like that Falcon Garments. Nice and simple double rider. Beautiful leather.

Yes, it´s very simple which is what I liked (I even considered a collared moto for a while). And by looking at the TOJ gallery, it´s the most successful TOJ/Falcon I guess for this very reason.

Last edited:

Qristian

Reaction score

Burberry and Schott both look great. Always really liked the styling of those Burberry jackets.

Had a Toj calf MDR for years that never really seemed to break in. I've been through a lot of DRs, and the only one I've ever really been content with is my Schott 519

Ended up grabbing one of the lucky brand x Schott jackets. Likely going back only because I can't see myself wearing it over my 519. If anyone's interested, its a large

Schott 519 is my favourite too. I am having hard time thinking should I wear my 519 or 626vn. Both are so nice.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@MickeyPunch eek man, lovely jacket but that stiffness is a no no for me these days
Just smack it around some - I find that those jackets loosen up in no time flat, either with wear or just kneeding it for a bit.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It´s stiff as hell, and I love it. According to Charly it´s the same old calf from TOJ days.

I have one of those early TOJ calf. I tried to break it in. Wore it dozens of times, could barely bend my elbows, and eventually gave up on it.
frown.gif

Developed folds and a little bit of easiness in the articulation areas but is still stiff as a mofo

Last edited:

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Funny, those are the two DRs I have now as well. It feels kind of silly to own both, but the 626vn is just a bit more rocker where the 519 cut suits me better for general wear

Qristian

Reaction score

Funny, those are the two DRs I have now as well. It feels kind of silly to own both, but the 626vn is just a bit more rocker where the 519 cut suits me better for general wear

Thats what I think too! Are your Schotts same size? Mine are both x-large. I can wear my 626vn only with t-shirt or thin collared shirt under which is ok, because it is primarly my summer jacket. If I want to layer for example denim shirt + henley I use 519.

Last edited:

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thats what I think too! Are your Schotts same size? Mine are both x-large. I can wear my 626vn only with t-shirt or thin collared shirt under which is ok, because it is primarly my summer jacket. If I want to layer for example denim shirt + henley I use 519.

My 626vn is a large and is pretty tight, but I sized down to a medium in the 519 after initially ordering a large. The chest measurement seemed unusually big and my shoulders didn't fit the jacket quite right.. very happy with it. Honestly the 519 is the only jacket I reach for now because it just works so well for me, it's one of those pieces of clothing where you just know it will be in your wardrobe for years

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have one of those early TOJ calf.  I tried to break it in.  Wore it dozens of times, could barely bend my elbows, and eventually gave up on it.  :(

Developed folds and a little bit of easiness in the articulation areas but is still stiff as a mofo

Yeap I gave up as well

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that I specifically asked for the older, thicker and glossier calf. Falcon's standard calf is thinner and more matte.

Once you nail your measurements it's hard to go back to RTW.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads