• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Jackets In GTA? Danier is terrible quality.

Sean Archer

Reaction score
Need suggestions. Jackets are one thing I don't want to order online.

Ideally brown aniline leather. Air force style would be great.

Albern

Reaction score
Do you have a budget by any chance? Danier price points or higher?

Hany

Reaction score
Go to a Danier outlet...you'll find leather jackets with nice fits for 99$

JTA

Reaction score
If you are looking for air force (flight/aviator) jacket type, you can try G&B, Aero, Lost World, Wested, Todd Costume.

They are leather manufacturers therefore the leather they are using is tough and will last for decades (especially for horsehide, it will mould according to your body type and start to develop the patina).

Sean Archer

Reaction score
No real budget. I'm value based, not working on absolute dollar amount. I just don't like Danier. I've been to Heartland and I didn't like what they had.

So there are no GTA places? If I order online, how do I size a leather jacket?

CrocsRock

Reaction score
Aero actually has measurement instructions:

Chest size--- both inhaled and exhaled.
Shirt size--- (ie. 16" X 34")
Height---
Weight---
Waist size---Not just your pants tagged waist size but also a stomach/navel area measurement.
Sport coat or suit jacket size (if you know it).

They can also add or remove material as requested (for instance, longer or shorter sleeves). They seem to be the brand a lot of folks seem happiest with, and are likely the ones I'll eventually wind up buying from.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sean Archer
No real budget. I'm value based, not working on absolute dollar amount. I just don't like Danier. I've been to Heartland and I didn't like what they had.

So there are no GTA places? If I order online, how do I size a leather jacket?

Harry Rosen does MTM leather jackets. But I don't like HR. You could find Andrew Marc in HR or Holts, but only if you like AM, which I don't.

I've tried to locate retailers of Schott through contacting the Canadian distributor, but that led nowhere, or required too much effort to pursue.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for Aero or more traditional/military inspired stuff, check out Klaxon Howl on Queen West West near Trinity Belwoods.

Other than there, i'd say stay away from the local retailers such as Rudsak, etc.

stylo 9000

Reaction score
What is GTA? I immediately thought of Grand Theft Auto.
teacha.gif

chrome_dout

Reaction score
^ Greater Toronto Area.
Check out the very nice brown PRL leather jacket at Holt's. Incredibly soft, and retails for a tad north of $700. They also have a few Andrew Marc jackets on sale for a bit over $500. Danier not so bad, but you do get what you pay for.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another option is to travel south of the border to Buffalo and check out Orvis' lambskin flight jacket. It doesn't look half bad...

edit. Actually, if you hit Holt's Last Call at the right time you can find a heap of nice leather jackets (like PRL and Varvatos) for cheap.

fkl118

Reaction score
I agree with checking out Holt Renfrew Last Call. They usually carry nice leather jackets in the fall (they hold them from the previous year). For example, I've seen E. Zegna and RLPL for excellent prices.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrome_dout
^ Greater Toronto Area.
Check out the very nice brown PRL leather jacket at Holt's. Incredibly soft, and retails for a tad north of $700.

IIRC, this has the pony embroidered on the breast, non?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads