1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Leather jackets in Berlin

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wetshaver, Sep 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. wetshaver

wetshaver Active Member

I shall be visiting Berlin in early October. Looking to get real quality (German-made) leather jacket while there.

Preferably vintage, although a brand new one would be considered, too. The spending budget could be up to 350 euros if it helps.

Can anyone recommend a good place to look? Thanks.

2. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

Real quality + brand new + 350€ = no. Or at least very, very hard.

Vintage might be possible, but since "vintage" is trendy here, good finds are hard to come by.

3. wetshaver

wetshaver Active Member

Thank you, Sander.

If so, I may be willing to go up to 450-500 euros.

Are there any particular places for finding good leather jackets in Berlin that you'd recommend to visit, anyway?

Thanks again.

4. Sander

Sander Well-Known Member

Hmm... of course there are, like Burg&Schild in Mitte, but they sell mainly American products. I don't know about any actually made in Germany. There are many turkish shops in Neukölln selling leather wares, but 99% of them are absolute crap. But just yesterday I was passing by a shop that advertised to make jackets as well. It didn't look too great, but sometimes these shops are really good. I had a jacket made in Köln in a similar shop that was tremendous value. Will report if I find anything interesting.

5. wetshaver

wetshaver Active Member