• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Jacket

Merovius

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first post. Ive been thinking about buying a leather jacket for a while and after some searching I found a few that I liked

Mackage Moto

Mackage Bomber

Varvatos 1

Varvatos 2

Just curious which ones you guys liked best, Im looking to get a lot of mileage out of it and wear it through Winter, Spring and Fall....2nd Varvatos may even work in Summer. Sizes are limited.

I really like the Mackage bomber but am not sure on the back vents and epaulets, also Im not sure it would work in the Spring or Fall.....the 1st Varvatos seems overpriced.

Let me know your thoughts, any feedback is appreciated.

thanks.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
All the mackage leathers I've seen at places like Nordstrom looked boxy and poor quality for the price. Don't know about varvatos.

How old are you? There's a huge leather jackets thread on sw&d with lots of good suggestions and pics.

Merovius

Reaction score
Hmm really? It says its slim. Im 32, I wear jeans a lot. I miss New York, been in Minneapolis for a few years and am always relegated to the internet. I hang out with a younger crowd typically as Im single and go out a lot.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you honestly think any of those jackets look like $500???

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Without even looking past the first jacket you selected, I would suggest you check out the Schott line of jackets, which are the original USA-made motorcycle jackets. You can get a hell of a cafe racer style jacket for around $500 as well as several other longer styles. You'll need to go the website to check them out and then if you see something you like, e-mail customer service and see if they have your size. You will also want to discuss with them your sizing and fit requirements. Good luck.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Julius

</thread>

Knucklehead

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee
Without even looking past the first jacket you selected, I would suggest you check out the Schott line of jackets, which are the original USA-made motorcycle jackets. You can get a hell of a cafe racer style jacket for around $500 as well as several other longer styles. You'll need to go the website to check them out and then if you see something you like, e-mail customer service and see if they have your size. You will also want to discuss with them your sizing and fit requirements. Good luck.

+1
I often see good Schott leather jackets at Army Navy Surplus stores deeply discounted. I saw a Perfecto for 100 bucks a few months ago. I should've pulled the trigger on that.

AKMarkB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Lee

I agree with the above advice. Schott makes excellent authentic motorcycle jackets. Their Peacoat is awesome as well.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schott looks like **** to me. Absolutely no style. They look like REAL motorcycle jackets. That's not the point. You're supposed to make fun of people who wear motorcycle jackets with haute fashion.

To the OP. Steer clear of Mackage. It looks like junk to me. Imported.

I like the first John Varvatos but that isn't cheap by any means. Check out D&G online they have some great leather jackets. Also, Zegna has a cool sport leather jacket that's less expensive than the ones you mentioned, made in italy, and all around top notch.

Cheers

twistoffat

Reaction score
If you want a bikerstyle jacket what about this drivers Jacket from Porsche. Alot cheaper than the ones you listed and I think it looks better....though I am a bit biased I have to admit

wetnose

Reaction score
Merovous...try posting in SW forum...next one down.

JTA

Reaction score

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JTA
Especially the Californian Ventura jacket.

You mean like this?

nyb391.jpg

blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics