Leather Jacket

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Merovius, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Merovius

Merovius Active Member

Hey guys this is my first post. Ive been thinking about buying a leather jacket for a while and after some searching I found a few that I liked

Mackage Moto

Mackage Bomber

Varvatos 1

Varvatos 2

Just curious which ones you guys liked best, Im looking to get a lot of mileage out of it and wear it through Winter, Spring and Fall....2nd Varvatos may even work in Summer. Sizes are limited.

I really like the Mackage bomber but am not sure on the back vents and epaulets, also Im not sure it would work in the Spring or Fall.....the 1st Varvatos seems overpriced.

Let me know your thoughts, any feedback is appreciated.

thanks.

2. bananananana

bananananana In Time Out

All the mackage leathers I've seen at places like Nordstrom looked boxy and poor quality for the price. Don't know about varvatos.

How old are you? There's a huge leather jackets thread on sw&d with lots of good suggestions and pics.

3. Merovius

Merovius Active Member

Hmm really? It says its slim. Im 32, I wear jeans a lot. I miss New York, been in Minneapolis for a few years and am always relegated to the internet. I hang out with a younger crowd typically as Im single and go out a lot.

4. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Do you honestly think any of those jackets look like $500???

5. Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee Senior member

Without even looking past the first jacket you selected, I would suggest you check out the Schott line of jackets, which are the original USA-made motorcycle jackets. You can get a hell of a cafe racer style jacket for around $500 as well as several other longer styles. You'll need to go the website to check them out and then if you see something you like, e-mail customer service and see if they have your size. You will also want to discuss with them your sizing and fit requirements. Good luck.

6. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Julius

</thread>

7. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Senior member

Without even looking past the first jacket you selected, I would suggest you check out the Schott line of jackets, which are the original USA-made motorcycle jackets. You can get a hell of a cafe racer style jacket for around $500 as well as several other longer styles. You'll need to go the website to check them out and then if you see something you like, e-mail customer service and see if they have your size. You will also want to discuss with them your sizing and fit requirements. Good luck.

+1
    I often see good Schott leather jackets at Army Navy Surplus stores deeply discounted. I saw a Perfecto for 100 bucks a few months ago. I should've pulled the trigger on that.

8. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

9. AKMarkB

AKMarkB Member

I agree with the above advice. Schott makes excellent authentic motorcycle jackets. Their Peacoat is awesome as well.

10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Schott looks like shit to me. Absolutely no style. They look like REAL motorcycle jackets. That's not the point. You're supposed to make fun of people who wear motorcycle jackets with haute fashion.

To the OP. Steer clear of Mackage. It looks like junk to me. Imported.

I like the first John Varvatos but that isn't cheap by any means. Check out D&G online they have some great leather jackets. Also, Zegna has a cool sport leather jacket that's less expensive than the ones you mentioned, made in italy, and all around top notch.

Cheers

11. twistoffat

twistoffat Senior member

If you want a bikerstyle jacket what about this drivers Jacket from Porsche. Alot cheaper than the ones you listed and I think it looks better....though I am a bit biased I have to admit

[​IMG]

12. wetnose

wetnose Senior member

Merovous...try posting in SW forum...next one down.

13. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

14. JTA

JTA Senior member

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Especially the Californian Ventura jacket.

You mean like this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]