• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Don007

Reaction score
Hello, I recently purchased a leather jacket online but I do think it's a bit small, snug good around my chest but around where my arms connect to my shoulder bone kind of constructing "sleeves". The shoulder straps on the jacket are somewhat laying in front my shoulders rather than on top like they should so it's almost like the upper shoulder portion of the jacket is tugging as if it's being pulled down from my height ( you can kinda see in the last picture, I was trying to lean to show but i guess you can't see). I ordered a 36", 25" should I exchange for 38" 25". If do exchange to get the size 38" I'll add an extra 2 inches to my chest and half more inch to sleeves length and body length, will it be too baggy around chest area is that okay? I know it's a matter of preferences but I like suggestions/opinions. Thanks

I have currently 6" ft, 135-140lb (last time I weighed). I know I'm a pencil...ha

Currently have this:
Size 36
Fits chest 34-36″ / 86.5-91.5 cm
Chest 36″ / 91.5 cm
Waist 34″ / 86.5 cm
Body length 25″ / 63.5 cm
Sleeves 24.5″ / 62 cm
Shoulders 18″ / 45.5 cm

OR should I get the following instead:
Size 38
Fits chest 36-38″ / 91.5-96.5 cm
Chest 38″ / 96.5 cm
Waist 36″ / 91.5 cm
Body length 25″ / 63.5 cm
Sleeves 25″ / 63.5 cm
Shoulders 18.5″ / 47 cm

OR
"Long version"
Size 38
Fits chest 36-38″ / 91.5-96.5 cm
Chest 38″ / 96.5 cm
Waist 36″ / 91.5 cm
Body length 27″ / 68.5 cm
Sleeves 27″ / 68.5 cm
Shoulders 18.5″ / 47 cm

brand is straight to hell btw

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image5.jpeg

kekekekai

Reaction score
Why don't u just measure urself? In before "I'm too lazy" or "I don't have a measuring tape"

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That fit is straight from hell.

Joking aside, did you take those measurements yourself? I think the 38 long will work better for you.

Don007

Reaction score
I apologize my measurements are:
Chest 35”
Waist 30”
Body (neck pivot down to waist)26”
Sleeves 28”
Shoulder 18 1/2”

Don007

Reaction score
I apologize my measurements are:
Chest 35”
Waist 30”
Body (neck pivot down to waist)26”
Sleeves 28”
Shoulder 18 1/2”

Don007

Reaction score
I should of mentioned the original measurements on my post where from the sites jacket size.

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
Return that thing asap and don't bother with the exchange. The problem with the jacket (pleathery looking material aside) lies in the pattern itself. The shoulder's are waaay too broad for a chest that small, at least in most cases, and you definitely belong in that category. A 36 chest generally correlates with chest measurements of 37-39'' and shoulder measurements of 15.5-17'' in garments with a fitted look (not including drop-shoulders or vertically positioned shoulder seams). With leather's, you can get away with a wider shoulder measurements if the shoulders are gusseted. It's super important that a leather jacket's chest and shoulders fit properly the same way they need to on a suit jacket because otherwise you'll just look like an unfortunate poser. Hope it's returnable and keep looking!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads