• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Glove Options

pnewelljr

Reaction score
So I am planning on getting three pairs of leather gloves for this winter. I'm thinking, black, brown and tan for colors, and one pair in each of the following leathers, suede, nappa leather, and deerskin. What do people think the best (and most versatile) combination for these colors and leathers would be? Also, I am planning on getting them all in cashmere lining if possible. I was just going to get them from Portolano, but then I heard about Chester Jefferies and their MTM gloves which sound great. Anybody know about the fit and accuracy?

Also, I am nervous that the ones from Chester Jefferies are a little too formal looking as I am a college student. Any reccomendations on the most casual style they offer or customization I could request to make them more casual looking? The Portolano ones look pretty good to me as far as styling goes

jonnyt

Reaction score
I'd definitely go for a pair of tan or yellow peccary (or deerskin if you want to save $100) as they can be dressed up or down.
Black or brown in kidskin are classic but I've gone for purple and green to be a bit different. I wear both with suits and they work great.

Stocking up for Zurich winter
Purple (Aubergine) Kidskin, cashmere lined from Madova
Yellow Handstiched Peccary, wool lined from Perlinger
Dark Green Kidskin, cashmere lined from Madova
Tan Deerskin, Polyester Lining with Primaloft Insulation from Hestra

Last edited:

hxh_killua

Reaction score

I'd definitely go for a pair of tan or yellow peccary (or deerskin if you want to save $100) as they can be dressed up or down.
Black or brown in kidskin are classic but I've gone for purple and green to be a bit different. I wear both with suits and they work great.

Hey Jonny,

What's the color code for the Purple and Dark Green? They look really nice especially the green but they don't look to be on Madova's color chart. Did you have to ask for it specifically?

jonnyt

Reaction score

Hey Jonny,
What's the color code for the Purple and Dark Green? They look really nice especially the green but they don't look to be on Madova's color chart. Did you have to ask for it specifically?

Hey, I think maybe aubergine and forest but am not sure as I got them from a menswear place in Zurich, not from Madova direct.

Rankiz

Reaction score
How is Madovas sizing? Because their smallest size is size 8", and that is 20 cm, my hand is like 18-19 cm, so I should have size 7 1/2.....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads