• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather flip flops

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a pair of leather flip flops?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Scnupe- Try someone who sells Tommy Bahama or nordstrom.com for same.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I have a pair of leather Sperry flip flops that I really like. I found them at Marshall's last year for under $20. If you want to spend more money I'm sure Tommy Bahama would have them. I'm sure Tommy Bahama's clothing isn't up to snuff quality wise, but I sure do like the look of much of their stuff.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Au contraire, Alan, the flip-flops and everything else I've purchased from TB have been very sturdy and well made. I'm just bummed that I paid a lot more at a spec store last year than Nordstrom has them for this year. And I like this year's color better as well. My only problem with TB is that all their stuff is made in Hong Kong or China. But that's my sweat shop rant, which everyone's heard, and I'm in the process of reconsidering...

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Steve, I'm mainly speaking in the relative terms of this board's high standards. Quite frankly, I wouldn't have any issue wearing any of it. I have 3-4 TB ties and a TB dopp kit. I'd love to get some of their dress pants, but I'm not interested in paying TB prices. The Bahama stuff I have was picked up at TJ Maxx at significant discount.

And for flip flops, I'd still vote for the Sperry if you can find them, which is no knock on the Tommy Bahamas.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I can't compare Sperry sandals to Tommy Bahama ones, but I can say that I have nothing but good things to say about Sperry shoes.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are there any of these that don't make the stupid noise when you walk? I'd like some for hot days but I can't handle the flopping noise.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would throw in Birkenstock as a potential for you. I have this model and love it. I know, not a flip flop, but still...
051461.JPG

jswanson3

Reaction score
Check Bluefly.com for this one from Polo Ralph Lauren. It is actually from this season, and they still sell it at Polo.com for its full retail ($125) They are simple, and I think pretty classy for flip flops. They have them with dark brown straps (as above) or black. Hope this helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads