1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

leather blazer with business casual?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by glenhein, Sep 4, 2016.

1. glenhein

glenhein Active Member

I work in an office environment with no dress code. We've got one guy that occasionaly wears a kilt, and another guy that usually wears a suit, with most wearing average street/geek wear. I often wear a dress shirt and black pants (dockers to proper dress pants). I was thinking about picking up a black leather unstructured blazer (eg. https://www.wilsonsleather.com/prod...smooth-lamb-blazer.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn). I can't decide how it would actually look. Is it better to pair a leather blazer with denim?

2. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

If you really want to wear this then go ahead. If you have no dress code, then why not wear a more typical leather bomber jacket? Sounds like this will look weird wherever you go, "neither fish nor fowl."

3. glenhein

glenhein Active Member

Thanks for the idea. I'll look at bomber jackets too.

4. Randy Brooks

Randy Brooks Senior member

I agree with the bomber jacket sentiment. Like a velvet blazer there's only so many opportunities to wear it that won't look hokey. Bombers are classic.

5. elliekidston

elliekidston Active Member

Even I agree!! I mean if you don't have any dress code then why not?? Perhaps it won't look as casual as you think. So go for it!!