Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

leather blazer with business casual?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by glenhein, Sep 4, 2016.

1. glenhein

glenhein Active Member

I work in an office environment with no dress code. We've got one guy that occasionaly wears a kilt, and another guy that usually wears a suit, with most wearing average street/geek wear. I often wear a dress shirt and black pants (dockers to proper dress pants). I was thinking about picking up a black leather unstructured blazer (eg. https://www.wilsonsleather.com/prod...smooth-lamb-blazer.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn). I can't decide how it would actually look. Is it better to pair a leather blazer with denim?

2. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior Member

If you really want to wear this then go ahead. If you have no dress code, then why not wear a more typical leather bomber jacket? Sounds like this will look weird wherever you go, "neither fish nor fowl."

3. glenhein

glenhein Active Member

Thanks for the idea. I'll look at bomber jackets too.

4. Randy Brooks

Randy Brooks Senior Member

I agree with the bomber jacket sentiment. Like a velvet blazer there's only so many opportunities to wear it that won't look hokey. Bombers are classic.

5. elliekidston

elliekidston Active Member

Even I agree!! I mean if you don't have any dress code then why not?? Perhaps it won't look as casual as you think. So go for it!!