• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Leather Blazer: Can the Fit Be Altered (@Reasonable Cost?)

RatherAnOddball

Reaction score
Hello!

The sole issue with the fit is that the sleeves are about a third of an inch too long. To get it to fit properly, I would need the sleeves to end at nearly the cusp of the lining (if the sleeves were shortened at the ends instead of being "brought in" at the scye.) I know a typical fabric blazer could have this done with little issue - but does leather change the rules of the game? Which route to go then - trimming at the sleeve, or bringing the whole thing in at the scye? Could either of the alterations be done for less than, say, $50ish?
I also gather that I oughtn't to have this done by the tailor at, say, Joseph A. Bank, or whatever, but should look for someone more specialized. Any suggestions for tracking down whatever sort of professional might have the skill to do it? There's a place nearby that sells motorcycle-y leather clothing and accessories, has their own line so they do work with the leather themselves, but, well, you know - would they be any good at this sort of thing?

If it would be much trouble, or cost much, then I'll sell the darn thing as I've only worn it twice, put the money towards buying another with a better fit.

Thanks very much, take care.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 85 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 32.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 141 28.7%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 25 5.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%