• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather Arts & Crafts MOTO (Aoyama--Tokyo, Japan) Appreciation Thread

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Kash__ off-topic, but you got a ballpark figure how much these WK babies cost?

WhiteKloud.jpg

WhiteKloud2.jpg

WhiteKloud4.jpg

WhiteKloud3.jpg

Last edited:

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, missed that ^^^^. What are the deets on these?

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Funny you should ask about White Kloud. I just did a custom fitting for White Kloud boots the other day. I'm not planning on getting any, but Mr. White Kloud (Goto-san) was at Mushmans (the White Kloud shop is just a block away from Mushmans, and both are near Minami-Koshigaya St.) for a special event, and was doing custom fittings for his Oxfords (see link below).

http://blog.mushmans.com/?eid=676

All I can say is, these boots are the real deal. It don't get any better. Plus, Goto-san comes to shoe crafting out of reflexology and is 100% about getting you the perfect fit first and foremost. BUT. Its a 2 year wait for his boots. He has an associate who does some of the work on the Oxfords and they can be had a little sooner though.

I believe the cognac boots you posted above are the Mushmans model. They are $1700 w/o tax. (those from outside Japan would not be required to pay tax of course).

http://shop.mushmans.com/?pid=24352207

Here are another pair at $1,600 (not sure if this includes tax or not on this pair, Japanese retailers are required to list sales tax so it probably does)

http://whitekloud.jp/article/60229779.html

If you have any q's about WK, I can definitely help.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
awesome!
tnx for the info.
those are some next level **** ... w/c are mosdef beyond my "ballpark"

edit:
i know i'm shittin up this thread. 'promise it's the last post__ more stuff i thought were interesting.
WhiteKloud2b.jpg

WhieKloud2.jpg

DSC00411-51c1b.jpg

WhiteKloud5.jpg

WhieKloud4.jpg

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seriously. those are some of the nicest craftsmanship I have seen

kram6136

Reaction score
By the way, here's a quick shot of my MOTO long chukkas in natural chromexcel after a few months of wear. I'm really enjoying them! I have these in both black and natural, and I think they (both) are my favorite MOTO's so far. So comfortable, versatile, and pleasant on the eyes. Well done, MOTO!

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
By the way, here's a quick shot of my MOTO long chukkas in natural chromexcel after a few months of wear. I'm really enjoying them! I have these in both black and natural, and I think they (both) are my favorite MOTO's so far. So comfortable, versatile, and pleasant on the eyes. Well done, MOTO!

Those are incredible. I wish they had a US stockist. We need to convince Self Edge or BiG to carry MOTO, or maybe Context would be a good fit.

Last edited:

kram6136

Reaction score
By the way, I've only treated these with a bit of Venetian Shoe Cream, a horsehair brush, and a soft cloth.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Looking great Kram. Really like those.

By the way, check out the just released edition (volume 13) of Clutch Magazine for a very interesting feature on the founder of MOTO.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Looking great Kram. Really like those.

By the way, check out the just released edition (volume 13) of Clutch Magazine for a very interesting feature on the founder of MOTO.
Any news about footwear coming this way?

Kashiwa

Reaction score
Haven't heard anything more. You should be able to purchase through Rakuten, no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads