1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Leather Arts & Crafts MOTO (Aoyama--Tokyo, Japan) Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Kashiwa, May 5, 2012.

1. Okal

Okal Well-Known Member

That's my size too. Several of the styles look great to me. Allan

2. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

For those with experience in sizing the plain toe cordovan oxfords, if I typically wear a US 10 in Clarks Desert Boots and Converse, 9 in Viberg, and 42 in CP Achilles, do you think size 2 would work well for me?

3. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

The only comparison I can give you, I'm nominally an 11C on the brannock. I took a size 3 camel boot, and its just slightly snug. Cordovan will generally fit just a little bit looser than calf, just a little bit.

4. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Thanks for that PhiPsi. It sounds like I could probably get away with a 2 if I'm typically a US 10. Anyone else with a similar shoe size have experience with the oxfords?

5. StyleforumRobot

StyleforumRobot Senior member Moderator

6. Stefan88

Stefan88 Senior member

7. kram6136

kram6136 Well-Known Member

Just checking in to report that I walked 10K today in my new MOTOR natural chromexcel engineer boots. I'm breaking them in, and I found that although my feet felt it a bit when I got home, I have no blisters or other marks, and the boots performed very well. I'm really pleased with them. I'll try to get some in-the-wild photos soon. I've had my eye on these for a while, and I'm really stoked to be stomping around in them now.

For those interested in sizing information, I got the 7.5 boots. I normally wear 8.5D in the Alden Trubalance and Barrie lasts. I tried on the 8's too, but they clearly would have been too big after breaking them in. However, I could not get my right foot into the 7.5 at first. The gentleman at the shop offered to stretch the right boot a bit at the ankle for me, and that did the trick. They fit fine now, and I had no trouble with them on today's walk. The leather is amazing, and the design is very sleek. I love these boots.

As I said, in-the-wild pics to come soon. I am really looking forward to getting a bit of wear on these wonderful boots.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. Urban69ing

Urban69ing New Member

Ahhh I just stumbled upon these shoes and was wondering if anyone could provide me some information regarding these:

http://www.motostyle.jp/leather-silver/item/item-top.html

I found them on their rakuten store but they appeared to be sold out in all sizes. I wear a 9 in converse, 9 in red-wings, 9.5 in Wolverine, and a 40-41 in common projects (just to give you guys a wide array of examples). I believe this would make me a size 3 in these shoes. Would there be ANY way at all to order these from the US given that rakuten isn't an option? (i've read some posts in the thread saying it has limited stock so heres hoping).

Something about these particular oxfords made me fall instantly in love; I haven't been able to find anything so simple and beautiful in men's shoes.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  9. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Not sure what you are looking at. I went to Tokyo to buy my Motos. AFAIK they don't ship to the US. You may need to find someone locally who will proxy for you. I'm nominally an 11C, the size 3 is just a tad snug in the toe box.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  10. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Just pulled the trigger on some black cordovan plain toe oxfords from Silver and Gold. I'm happy to post some pics when they arrive.

11. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Senior member

Very nice! Please do post pics.

12. zakurie

zakurie Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in buying these MOTOs from me? They are model 7010 from the new MOTORATORY line. This natural color was only available for purchase directly from a MOTO shop, and I was told that this was the last pair. They have been worn three times and are in pristine condition. They are size 8.5

[​IMG]

13. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

How are these doing for you now? I have the same pair and will post pics later of how they are now at 1.25 years old. They must have made more of them because i bought the last pair of 7.5 they had when i was there

14. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Heres mine, bought in October 2012

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  15. kram6136

kram6136 Well-Known Member

Wow, those are beautiful! They've developed a wonderful patina.

I'm still enjoying mine. In fact, I like them so much I went back recently and got the black ones too. I will try to post some photos before long. I think these MOTOR engineer boots are really great: comfortable and tough, and fairly sleek styling for this type of boot.

16. Sean ONeill

Sean ONeill New Member

This is a photo I took today after a days walking around in the afternoon. I am wearing Leather & Silver MOTO Sidegoa Boots Brown Size 3. They fit similiar to a size US 11.

[​IMG]

17. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

Thanks for sharing and for bumping the thread! Moto continues to be my most footwear brand for their beautiful leathers and excellent craftsmanship. Does anyone happen to have a list of online stockists? There are a couple of models that I'm looking for but are sold out in my size at the few sources I know of.

18. nigritude

nigritude Member

Just got these the other day. Size 2 similar to 9.5.

19. zissou

zissou Senior member

^9.5 in what? Hopefully, that's what you wear in Alden Barrie. If not, I just might be in between sizes :\

20. nigritude

nigritude Member

9.5 on Brannock. Don't have a pair of Barrie, but my TruBalance size is 9