• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Least Nationalistic Countries

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which would you reckon is the least nationalistic country in the world? The only caveat I would put forth is that a country that is torn by several tribes/factions and is only a country in name should not be allowed.

My personal theory is that the citizens of those countries that have had political stability, little or no involvement in wars, and are geographically remote are least likely to be nationalistic. That isn't a hard rule, but it seems logical. I was originally thinking that the Scandinavian countries may be the least nationalistic. But this is mostly conjecture.

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
I couldn't agree less. Here in Korea Canadians are without any contest the most nationalistic around. If you meet one, they'll be sure to remind you that they're Canadian in the first 2 minutes of conversation.

everyone does that when they leave their own country.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
I couldn't agree less. Here in Korea Canadians are without any contest the most nationalistic around. If you meet one, they'll be sure to remind you that they're Canadian in the first 2 minutes of conversation.

Canadians don't do that because they are nationalistic. They do that to advertize that they are not American.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Canadians don't do that because they are nationalistic. They do that to advertize that they are not American.

I'd say a bit of column a and a bit of column b.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Australia. We're pretty much only nationalistic when it comes to sports and only when we're winning.

matik23

Reaction score
United States. We're only nationalistic when we kill pakastanis.

cimabue

Reaction score

Exactamundo.

imhotep

Reaction score
Canada, unless the subject is hockey.

I am Canadian.

Bloodshed spawns nationalism. Canada has had none.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
philippines is definitely one of them on top. people here don't give too much thought on traditions and culture, and gobbles up anything that comes from the west.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imhotep
Bloodshed spawns nationalism. Canada has had none.

I am trying to figure out how I am misreading this. But Canada has had no bloodshed? Not much on our own soil but we do have a very proud military history. There was a great thread on here, a Remembrance Day or 2 ago, that discussed the Canadian Forces. I think an article discussing the CF's was cited in it. If anybody know the one I am talking about I would not mind another read.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

There isn't a unified Canadian identity so these kind of affirmations are pointless.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I say, is it fair to say that, the more nationalistic a people, the shittier they are? (culturally, genetically, etc.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads