1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Learning to dress well

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NoK, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Ike

Ike Senior member

Meh, in my opinion style's largest part is influence. Find people or ideas that influence you and follow through.

That's why you see so many people wearing Phish shirts that look like their entire personality is based around smoking weed (they're doing it wrong).

The trick is to make it personal - pull them from where you grew up, etc. With me, I'm originally from MN, so I take that with my style - ie: Duluth Pack wallet, JW Hulme bag, etc. Then I bring in my time in France w/ some nicer-fitting and more urban items, plus some splashes of color in accessories like my glasses or scarves. And on and on. It's a fun process and you shouldn't despair about it - it's part of a broader identity thing, imho.

2. adidasfan

adidasfan Senior member

whoa dude girls stroke your clothes? So jealous, I can only get them to stroke my penis

Haha thats really funny

3. Lane

Lane Senior member

do they finger your adidas?

4. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

1. Wait for a thread where a new peron asks for advice on how to dress well.

2. Mock him.

3. Now get ready for the Sartorialist to photograph you.

So true.

How you dress needs to fit/reflect your lifestyle. Just because someone looks good dressed in a particular manner does not mean it will work for you or your lifestyle.

5. jet

jet Senior member

Haha thats really funny
    so they run their fingers all over your ed hardy?
    Meh, in my opinion style's largest part is influence. Find people or ideas that influence you and follow through. That's why you see so many people wearing Phish shirts that look like their entire personality is based around smoking weed (they're doing it wrong). The trick is to make it personal - pull them from where you grew up, etc. With me, I'm originally from MN, so I take that with my style - ie: Duluth Pack wallet, JW Hulme bag, etc. Then I bring in my time in France w/ some nicer-fitting and more urban items, plus some splashes of color in accessories like my glasses or scarves. And on and on. It's a fun process and you shouldn't despair about it - it's part of a broader identity thing, imho.
    my style is mainly influenced by growing up in belgium and LA hence the swag amalgam

6. wogbog

wogbog Senior member

I see clothes I like and buy them and see people looking cool and copy them.